Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    Mine is t'd into the exhaust manifold quick disconnect line. I'll probably move it one day to a cooler water source.

I have noticed that the hot water drains out on to the prop crossbar on the trailer and has removed the paint when it drains down through he seal due to the very hot temps.
    how often do you run the boat on the trailer?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

The hot exhaust water drains out when we put the boat on the trailer from a day on the river. I don't run on the fake a lake very often.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338145172.433310.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1338145201.425577.jpg
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Do you guys have a bone dry bilge with the dripless t'd off the exhaust quick disconnect?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I do not. But the source is hard to determine with melting ice dripping from the cooler and water coming in from watersports.

i dont see how you can have a "bone dry" bilge. even this winter i vacuumed all the water out of mine and towell dried it and on the drive from the house to the storage unit some water washed from some hidden area and got into the bilge and it was all wet by the time i got to storage...this was with the boat on the trailer. now im fairly confident my ballast bag fittings leak a little, couple that with people climbing in and out dripped water every where all the time and my boat is NEVER dry in the bilge. i launch it and look in the engine comp and there are no obvious points where water is coming while running.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Replaced my packing gland with an OJ dripless seal. Kit included a tee to connect the seal cooling line into the raw water hose going to the thermostat housing. No leaks and no adjustments for over 5 years.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Should be getting mine back from the dealer this week with new dripless installed. What sold me is the "no messing with it" for 4 years or so. I'll let you know what/where they tie the water line into. Hoping it's not something I'll want to change...

My bilge is never bone dry for the same reasons mentioned above; the maintenance free (or close to it) part is what I like.

Question - does having the dripless add another step to winterizing - another line to disconnect?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

No extra winterizing step (if doing a dry style winterization) if installed correct. The water self drains down through the seal.

If you use rv antifreeze. Then you'll need to block the line or you'll just shoot the antifreeze out the bottom of the boat through the seal's cooling line.

Got it home and did a little inspecting. From the dealer my new dripless "upgrade" was tied in to a water line between the impellor and manifold. Just uses a clear tube to feed the seal which seems to me like a point of failure due to heat. I guess time will tell.

Can see where it gets it's feed on the right.

I was actually a bit surprise how wet and dirty it was in the bilge area when I got it back. Thought this thing was supposed to be dripless?!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Berg,

That's exactly how mine is installed. No problems for 4 years now.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI