Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Last Minute Camping

So last Thursday my wife says "let's go camping, i'm off tomorrow". Cool! The lakes are full, weather is low 90's, I'm in! So i check the online reservations and there's nothing available, all booked. So she says "Let's try shore camping", whoa! That's totally not like her, she is a trooper but primitive shore camping? So off we went and found a cool spot surrounded by water on three sides, large cove on one side and small quiet cove on the other. Spent three days on the lake, one of the best times we've had camping, except maybe when the racoons attacked as she puts it, but that's another story!

anthony1.jpganthony3.jpganthony4.jpgboat_packed.jpgcamp.jpg
    2007 Mobius LSV

A couple more shots. Took the hounds with us too and they had a blast chasing all the wildlife around.

mobius2.jpgmorgan1.jpgsleeping.jpg
    2007 Mobius LSV

Wow! Great pics. Looks like you had quite an adventure. I'd definitely want the dogs there too in the primitive spot. No telling what's out there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah Dachshunds look pretty harmless but they are actually quite the agressive protectors and hunters. Darn near had goose dinner one night! LOL! The coyotes were around the first night but the dogs being around kept them away imo.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Looks fun Razz- We used to do a lot of beach camping up here on the Columbia out on an island as the campgrounds are booked solid all summer long by March it seems. Got some brave raccoons as well - one time they made off with about 5lb of dogfood overnight. Couldn't get the tupperware tub open so they took the whole thing!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not a dog guy but I have heard they are great protectors. All of them routinely bark at me.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Looks fun Razz- We used to do a lot of beach camping up here on the Columbia out on an island as the campgrounds are booked solid all summer long by March it seems. Got some brave raccoons as well - one time they made off with about 5lb of dogfood overnight. Couldn't get the tupperware tub open so they took the whole thing!
    Yeah they messed with us a bit too, couldn't get anything so they decided to chase the wife around a bit! It was freaking hilarious!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Looks like a blast-great you have a wife willing to do that kind of activity. Bad thing about Florida beach camping, you could wake up to a large green lizard in the campsite. That could explain why we havent done that kind of camping since living in Washington state.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

up here you could trade the large green lizards for bears!! or inquisitive deer!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

wow that looks like a great time.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill