Default Trail America Tires?

I hae a 2008 Boatmate single axle with 2 Trail America tires.. I hear these are POS tire. Anyone have problems with theres? Should I replace mine with Maxxis, or Goodyear or Carlyle?
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

Trail America tires are junk, for that matter most trailer tires are in my experiences. The problem is they don't get used enough to keep them in condition so they harden and crack. If you average three years or so on trailer tires your doing good. Mine are all cracked and have to be replaced so i'll wait until the beginning of next season.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I can tell you Goodyear Marathon's are shit too.
    One started to develop bulges so I changed it out with the spare and the next weekend the other one blew and shredded off the rim. Took out the fender.
    It's been a summer that's for sure!

Like Razz says..........I'm going to replace both tires every 3 years just to be sure from now on!! Beats getting stuck on the road.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Okay, so whats a good tire to get? I've heard of issues with the Goodyears too...
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

I put the Carlyle load range E tires on my trailer. The load range D tires are not enough. They lasted a couple of seasons until I hit a pretty good size pot hole. Discount tire honored the warranty and I have a new set this season.
    2020 Makai
    2015 Mojo sold
    2006 Mobius LSV sold

I have done a ton of research on tires as we were having trouble with rv tires blowing out that were Carlisle's. I would spend the money and go with Maxxis as they have a very good reputation in the rv world and they seem to hold up well. My trailer has the Goodyear Marathons and I have had good luck with them but my trailer is stored indoors so I think that helps as they only see the sun when they are on the road. But for my money when I replace they will be Maxxis. Hope this helps.
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Bound View Post
    I have done a ton of research on tires as we were having trouble with rv tires blowing out that were Carlisle's. I would spend the money and go with Maxxis as they have a very good reputation in the rv world and they seem to hold up well. My trailer has the Goodyear Marathons and I have had good luck with them but my trailer is stored indoors so I think that helps as they only see the sun when they are on the road. But for my money when I replace they will be Maxxis. Hope this helps.
    Mine were stored indoors too. I was surprised that at 4 years old they both went tits up.
    I think it has more to do with the miles travelled on them and plain and simply the DOT. Check the inside to see when the tire was manufactured. There was a thread on here about that but I won't even try and find it as it's probably been deleted or purged with all the stuff going on here.
    I didn't check but I'll bet my tires DOT was before 2007 as I'm sure boatmate buys them in bulk??
    Good or bad I'm changing them out every 4 years as much as I'm on the road.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet