Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat Upgrades and Questions

so i was really considering buying a new boat, but theres a 90% chance im not gonna be able to afford it, so if im gonna keep my 06 i want to do some upgrades. Boat already has: Bimini, Heater, Gravity III Ballast, Perfect pass, docking lights, and new stereo.

#1 New SeaDek Platform

my question is: I have a 3 piece now, im def gonna go w/ the 1 piece, but i see everyone doing the light gray, the stock one is black, i kinda like the black against my yellow boat, but do you think the light color would be better????? i dont know what color to get....

#2 Tower Mount Mirror - i still have the stock mirror in great condition what is everyone running?

#3 Swivel board racks - i still have the OEM ones that came w/ my 04 LSV, they are dated coming apart etc, any opinions?

#4 Acme 1847 Prop - after installation am i gonna have to do any re-calibrating of the speedo? is it like changing diameters of tires in cars or in the boat does it not matter cause its how fast the paddle wheel spins?

#5 Tint Windows - I'm very familiar i do it in all my cars, im thinking 20% against the yellow would look pretty sick any body have photos of their moombas tinted?

#6 New Speaker Cans have the rosewells that are faded look rusty, possibly goto 4 cans..?

#7 Surf Ballast - i wanna get that L shaped back that goes in the corner of the seat

The little things im gonna do:

1. finally replace my tower pads that are almost all the way out under the tower arm

2. put protective mat down in the cooler and glove box

3. put on overtons soft guide polls on the trailer

here are pics of boat

Last edited by mmobius2001; 08-21-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    2006 Mobius LSV

more pics

2006 Mobius LSV

oh and about the tower mirror, what size clamp size do i need?
    2006 Mobius LSV

Hey nice boat! We made the same decision this year to just keep ours and pay it off rather than getting a new one. That being said we are in upgrade mode at this time.

I just got my new sea dek in and have not had a chance to install it yet. I went with storm gray over black with the "Roo" on it. Our boat is yellow and dark gray so it just seemed right. It is a three piece and I kinda like the three piece. I could not find the correct measurements on the seadek website for a one piece to fit my platform. I was suprised not to find a black one with the yellow "Roo" pattern I think that would look sick.

We also ordered the 1847 prop with the group buy. I'll let you know how it goes when it comes in and we test it out.

4 Exile SXT65's is what we are running on the tower and could not be happier with them.

For surf ballast we run 1100's in the v drive surf corner, 400 center and 650 bow. Sometimes I use my old GIII 650# sac under the seats behind the driver but not often. I would hate to lose the seating with a bag on top of the seats.

For the tower pads check out this forum link: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....OEM-Tower-Pads

I would like to know which swivel racks and mirror you go with as that will be our next major expense I am sure...

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

yes thats what im thinking w/ the swim pad, the gray over black.

the tower mirror im going with the monster quick release

the pads is exactly what im doing this week, after reading that thread i decided on that

i just contacted seadek and they are sending me samples in the 3 colors cool gray dark gray and the black
    2006 Mobius LSV

Tinted windows look sick but it makes it kind of hard to see without using the bolster to look OVER the windshield

Sea Deck pad is probably a good upgrade. i have been wanting to do this too but I want a custom TX flag one made and they have not been very straight forward with a price on this...

Tower Mirror mount is a good option. you need 2 3/8" clamps and monster makes a good one that quick disconnects. its what i run as well as alot of people on the board

ACME 1847 is also something I want to do, I do not think I will gain much performance since I already have the OJ wake prop. I am mainly looking for a way to stop the noise of the stock OJ

I have 4 exile SXT65Qs and am happy with them as long as i can keep enough battery power to my harpoon

and i want to upgrade my ballast, add new thru hulls, new pumps, and bigger vdrive sacs.

sounds like everything on your list is a good idea!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Where in MI are ya?
    2013 Outback V

Hey I went ahead and installed my Seadek pad last night. Here is a pic of what it looks like. It is Storm Gray over Black. My swim deck is painted a dark gray to match the boat.

Before
    IMG_1590.jpg

After
    IMG_1592.jpg

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

looks great & one of the best upgrades you can do

1. I'd like to do this as well. I know seadeck doesnt warranty the black but that is likely the color id go with.

4. I don't think any adjustments need to be made.

5. 5%. Probably the best appearance mod ive done.

6. Do it right the first time or you will regret it.

7. 750s or 1100s seem to do the trick. I think 1100s fit the LSV, right?

Make sure you get the clear tower feet pads. Also a dealer can get you Moomba guide pole covers, think they are $50.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded