Default Help Weighting a 2005 outback DD

I bought straight lines 800lb, two 540s, 500 lbs of bagged sand and im going out tomorrow to try and get the wake up. Here are my throughts......

First yes ive read the threads about sand, boat sinking... but i can easily throw them out. I figured at 500lbs of sand, it was easy cheap extra weight, evenly distributed, i didnt have to mess with.

I was going to put 2 50lb sand bags in the back storage, ( one on each side)
    4 under the seats ( so i dont sacrifice seating) 4 50lb sand bags in the bow, 540 on each side of the motor, and partially fill the 800 up near the drivers seat to bow.

So im looking at 500 in sand, 1080 dual bags, 800 half full. almost a ton...

Any advice?

Don't tell your insurance company.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

wear your life jackets

OR

forget the sand until you first try the 540's or the 800 across the back and the others on the sufing side between the motor cover and side of the boat. I think you'll have plenty there to produce a surfable wave.

is this a joke?

how do you easily throw out 500lbs of sand while the boat is sinking?

hell, if you have no ballast - at least try some 50 gal plastic grbage cans and fill them with water

That's a lot of weight for that hull and it will have a hard time getting on plane, but it will eventually. When I had my Outback, I ran a 750lb sack in the back and put the stock 275lb sack in the rear storage area. I had 2 150lb sacks under the front seats and another 150lb sack in the front of the walkway. That was really pushing the limits of that little boat and it would constantly take on water. The ideal weight for it I found was the 750 in the back and the 2 150s in the front.

Wow? Take a waterproof camera with you too so we can see how low that boat sits with all that weight?????
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

I think you'll get better results with less hassle laying the 800 on surf side along engine, then putting your other 2 sacks on rear seat. Try and get the rubrail about an inch or two above water. Here is what I had on my pc copied from an earlier thread :

'''You want a 750 beside the motor box and the 400 on top at an angle as you described.
    or alternatively a 750 on top that you would not need to fill all the way.
    Fill your rear tank full and your front bag half full.
    Put your wake plate around half way, 9.8 mph.......enjoy the wave......it will have more push on the passenger side,
    but thats the only side that matters'''

Watch for rollers.

Smile

I have 1 700lb bag and 2 540lb bags and i throw 700 across back with 2 540's on surf side corner for surfing,works great and becuase i have no other sacs usually anyone extra sits up front as i have no weight up there although not as critical in DD with motor weight more towards the front anyways. As for the sand, GOOD luck on that one. Lets ee pics if possible. My rubrail is about 2-3 inches only above water when running like this,i wouldn't want more ,TO BE SAFE.
    07 Outback DD

I realize that I have a different hull, but I thought I'd chime in because I also have a DD. I run a 750 and two 400's plus the stock ballast on the surf side and its ummm, plenty surfable, especially with added human ballast. Try out your bags before throwing on that sand.
    2007 Mobius LS

I’ve had over 3k in my 02 DD LS many times and the surf wave is nice! Just need to be carful with driving and take it slow when turning and you will be fine.

FlyHi 750lb in the back storage box.
    FlyHi intergraded bow sack in the front under the seats, dose not fill all the way, maybe 300lb I think.
    Sumo 900lb sac next to the motor
    Old school blob sack I think at full fill 600lb but I only fill it about 400lb, I put it in the corner on top of the 900 and the back seat.

Plus about 600lb of people and gear… not including gas…
    Attached Images Attached Images