Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2nd Annual NW Boat Owner Get together

Hello fellow NW peoples.

Last year Stretch and myself Hosted a camping trip jam of sorts to Green Peter for fellow Moomba people to join in.

This year I'm hosting the event with the help of Eric < Stretch >

It will be at LBC < Lake Billy Chinook > Close friend of mine owns 5 acres and has plenty of room for the boats. We will be in the 3 Rivers Section. For those not in the know, this is a Private owner only area, we have our own ramp and beach front to use all day.

At the camp site we have a bathroom, 5 RV type trailers and plenty of room for tents of the sort.

There are no charges for the use of the property just the respect this is private and owned by my friends family.

I just need to know if you want to attend, if your bringing your boat, and how many in the party.

Event date is Saturday Sept 3rd Labor Day weekend but this section of the river is pretty private so traffic is pretty low.

We plan to be there Saturday Am threw Tuesday night.

Im also planning on being at LBC the weekend of Aug 20th so if that works we can plan that date. Eighter works for me. If this date works better then let me know your more then welcome to attend this weekend as well.

There are no Camp fires allowed but we do have a fire type pit for the evening.
    No Running water so plan to bring water.
    Bring plenty of ice if you want your drinks cold.
    Dogs are welcome just clean up after them.
    Kids are welcome just clean up after them.

As of right now my boat will be present and i expect Eric to bring his XLV.

Sorry this is short notice but my work schedule changed, and Eric had some other plans and we had to wait till now to plan it.

Lastly please let me know in advace if your bringing just a car or boat also because we have to get passes in advance for all the trucks and boats.
    Last edited by mmandley; 07-28-2011 at 08:52 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike, make sure and post photos, sounds like a fun time, we'd be there if it wasnt over 3,000 miles away
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I may just have to look into this. My buddy has 5 acres up there too! The place is sweet. You can get ice and any supplies from the store down at the marina. You can also moore your boat for around $10 a night. Its pretty secure, so it sure makes it convenient.

PWI as usual...

I'd be there too if it wasn't so far from me! Oh well I'd get shot down anyway, i was just informed by the boss last night we're hosting a two day Labor Day gig for the ENTIRE family. GEEZ!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Cool - I'm already booked to be camping down there with the fam over the long weekend, just a different location off the water with a few more creature comforts. We'll have to look you guys up while we're there!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

This would be awesome Ryan and Berg. I have no issues meeting up at the Marina or something. If your pretty savey on the lake locations i can get you the exact location we lanch from and board at. Its by the Marina store at his launch ramp. We were buying 30 packs of Keystone for 20 bucks LOL. I know its Keystone but hey thats a lot of beer to bown for 20 bucks LOL.

We just got back from there for the weekend and it was awesome. Air was 85 to 90 and the water was 77 average. It was sweet.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You may not want to launch with me - I was cursed on our last visit to Billy... First morning out stopped in the prep area 100ft from the water, all good to go, then truck won't start. F---ed with it a while and found I had serious corrosion on the + cables (stupid GM side terminals!). Had a local good Samaritan loan me a few tools and gave me a jump. Heck the guy even offered to drop my boat in the water for me and tow my truck back up into the lot if we wanted to go out on the water for the day and deal with it when we got back. What a guy! Didn't have to though as the beast came back to life after a little tinkering. End of the day the truck wouldn't start yet again - same problem only this time it was 95 degrees and the parking lot was packed yet void of people. I ended up taking a Sunriver resort technician dude hostage for a while who was just wandering through so I could use his tools and get another jump.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I've thought of making a set of jumper cables that would let you jump the truck from the boat on the trailer or the other way around. I suppose you could just about unhitch and pull up next to the port side and reach with std cables.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I had one of those and the one time I needed it it did not have enough juice to start the truck.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!