Thread: money talk...

Hybrid View

Default money talk...

you guys bailing out of the markets temporarily in anticipation of the Aug 2nd circus?

ooops, sorry. please move this to off topic forum.

No. I'm in for the long term. Have money in a large cap fund, an S&P 500 index fund, and direct bank stock. This is best strategy for me, but not necessarily for others. Interesting question.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

welcome back ed

most say just let it sit. there's some thought that the market won't care much about this issue in the long haul.

hope our politicians pull their heads out and get some controls in place though. if you ask me, dem/reb/indep; doesn't matter. they are all a bunch of money grubbing crooks out for their own interests..

too bad our gov't has developed into what it is

it's all around us... irs is outdated and screwing the middle class, post office is an antiquated model bleeding cash that doesn't seem to get the long term, social health is a joke, and social security probably won't be around....

ok, off soapbox now I hear belize has nice lakes to board on...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    hope our politicians pull their heads out and get some controls in place though. if you ask me, dem/reb/indep; doesn't matter. they are all a bunch of money grubbing crooks out for their own interests..

too bad our gov't has developed into what it is

think they should all be pink slipped and learn what its like
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Jr View Post
    you guys bailing out of the markets temporarily in anticipation of the Aug 2nd circus?

not completely but I'm keeping some powder dry in case we get a significant pullback. I've sold some things in the last few days that I really wanted to get rid of anyway. If there is no major pullback and I'll get the money back in for about what I got it out- if it tanks I'll get it back in a lot cheaper!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I see they want to try and bing on my military retirement. I did 20 yrs and that would make me mad. They need to bing on there retirement!
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar