Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Come on up to Broken Bow with us instead Rd!

Sent from Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk.
    that would be fun, we did a few lake trips this year but we kinda dont see the point in driving far, paying for the fuel, and settling for rough water when we can just ride on better quality water thats only 2 hours away. that being said we will probably join yall at broken bow one weekend, just make sure you give some advanced notice!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Will do, it's a blast.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I'll second Dusty's comments on the difference in the hybrid setup. With 1 harpoon it was nice and loud, easy to hear and such but it didn't sound like there were truely 6 of the best tower speakers up there. Add the second harpoon and it was day and night difference. Now it sounds like a dominant system and gives you the sound at 80 ft that has you looking around wondering if it should be turned down (at 3/4 volume).

That being said .... My cans and speakers have already been pulled and will be getting an update over the winter. Now I just have to decide what to go with ...
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

It looks awesome... but I worry it's not loud enough!!!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Looking sweet man. So tell em how much of a difference do you really think its making in sound. I mean we had the same tower set up and i can be honest, i have told a few people mines not as loud as last year and something has to change. I told Brian its gonna have to be looked at and tested this winter because im not happy with it like i was when running the 4 XM7s. I agree in that it could be the amp not supplying enough power but then again i really hate to try and fish a second set of lines threw my tower. I had to refish the ones in there this year and it was a pain lol. Plus since i went full wireless look im not sure if theres room in my cross tubes to fit another pair of 14g lines.

Did you deddicate the other Harpoon for 1 set of XM7s or are you running a Left and Right Harpoon? Explain it to me Lucy.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Looking sweet man. So tell em how much of a difference do you really think its making in sound. I mean we had the same tower set up and i can be honest, i have told a few people mines not as loud as last year and something has to change. I told Brian its gonna have to be looked at and tested this winter because im not happy with it like i was when running the 4 XM7s. I agree in that it could be the amp not supplying enough power but then again i really hate to try and fish a second set of lines threw my tower. I had to refish the ones in there this year and it was a pain lol. Plus since i went full wireless look im not sure if theres room in my cross tubes to fit another pair of 14g lines.

Did you deddicate the other Harpoon for 1 set of XM7s or are you running a Left and Right Harpoon? Explain it to me Lucy.
    Why would you need to run additional wire, how are the XM7's and SXT65 wired?

For my application I had to rerun new wire also. I have 3 pairs of 12 gauge running up my tower, and none are visible at the top. I wired mine with the xm 7s on 1 harpoon as a left and right. the 4 sxt's are ran off of the other harpoon as a left and right. The harpoon with the xm 7s on it has the throttlebox, which makes a noticeable difference. To make it a bit easier I used wire that had a jacket around the 3 pairs keeping them all together. Also rewiring it allowed me to pull all of the wire straight to the back bar rather than puzzling through the front to get to the back.

As far is difference in sound, kg explained it perfectly. before it was good you could hear it no problem, but now it's totally different. You almost feel like it should be turned down. If you feel like you're lacking, definitely add a second harpoon

Sent from Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Interesting to hear you say that MMandley, regarding the 4 xm7s vs your current hybrid. It only makes sense but still, i was curious about it. I am looking to do a new tower setup this winter so was interested in Dustys setup, aside from just being buds.

The first time I heard his, off one harpoon, i was kinda left meh. Don't get me wrong it was loud and sounded good but if i put 6 speakers on my tower i want the power to 1. just be ridicoulsy loud and 2. be able to outmatch just about any boat I see. So after the first time i was behind his i got curious on how 4 xm7s and 2 sxt65s would sound, being that I wakeboard more whereas dusty surfs more. However, once the second harpoon went in its like it just clicked. Bam, theres the wow factor. 2nd amp to the tower is def the ticket to wow factor on the hybrid setup.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    It looks awesome... but I worry it's not loud enough!!!
    I second the opinion. I say another amp and set of towers to go on over the winter
    remember.......post up the pics

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Gentlemen - If its not loud enough, step up to 4 XM9's. They will blow you out of the water! bigger drivers, very linear sound field. More expensive. For the surfer, I think the Hybrid is really wow impressive sound. For the Wakeboarder - XM9's are wow ow wow.

More importantly make sure you have some big power and a subwoofer that can keep up with a big time tower speaker setup.

Cheers!

-Brian

ps: KG; did you just redo your tower last season? I've spoke to so many guys about boats it makes my head spin. I thought you put some kyrpts up there. Whatch thinking... why change? If I got my info wrong, no disrespect. was just curious.