Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Wetsounds or Exile Tower Speakers

I am thinking about replacing my current tower speakers with a Wetsounds Double up and was wondering if I should have a look at Exile speakers as well. What are the advantage to WS vs Exile?

Thanks,
    Eric
    07 XLV GG GONE!!
    2014 MOJO

I recommend going to wakeworld.com and doing a search.

There are many, many threads discussing the advantages and disadvantages of the different tower speakers.

You will find very passionate arguments for both.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Quote Originally Posted by ericnel View Post
    I am thinking about replacing my current tower speakers with a Wetsounds Double up and was wondering if I should have a look at Exile speakers as well. What are the advantage to WS vs Exile?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Yes, you should definitely look at Exiles as well. One specific advantage they have over WS is that their speakers have a patented quick release mechanism that allows the speakers to rotate 360 degrees as well as being able to remove them in seconds without any tools to stow them for towing or security reasons.

I have four of their SXT65's and love 'em. I don't have any experience with WS so can't comment on them.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I have a pair of the SXT65's. Best speakers I have ever owned.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    One specific advantage they have over WS is that their speakers have a patented quick release mechanism that allows the speakers to rotate 360 degrees as well as being able to remove them in seconds without any tools to stow them for towing or security reasons.
    wetsounds can rotate 360, but no quick release...

I love my Exile tower speakers! I have never liked the sound of HLCDs (wetsounds included) so the SXT65s were a perfect match for me. People on the lake ask me about my system all the time. Most are surprised how the the tower speakers can be so loud yet still sound so good.

I have not yet heard the new Wetsounds Rev series so I can't comment on those first-hand.

Another fan of the Exiles here. But keep in mind Ive never heard the others that I know of, well except for some red LSV on lake lanier a couple years ago--whatever that guy had was loud-really loud and just obnoxius.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I would go with exile ALL the way, My experience with them is unreal. They stand behind there products 150%, will help with any questions, they have the XM7s if you like loud horn speakers and the SXT65 if you like the Sound quality but not quite as loud. I would recomend getting a hybrid (mix of XM7s and SXT65's)

Also Exile makes the speakers for Samson so check them out www.samsonsports.com They also have top notch Customer Service, (They drove 100 miles to my house to fix a loose connection) FOR FREE!!!!!

You will be happy either way you go but Customer Service has sold me to Exile and Samson.
    2006 Outback V, Alpine CDA-118M, 2 alpine MC20's, Polk Cabins, 2 Exile XM7s 2 SXT65s (tower), Memphis Mojo 12" Sub in custom downfiring ported box, Kicker 2500.1, Exile Harpoon, JL M6450, WS-420.

Acme 1433, 750lbs Sacs in Rear, GG 1180 (fills to about 700) Sac in Center Locker, 650 lbs Nose bag.

PP Stargazer

Check out the bullet hollowpoints too. They are another HLCD tower speaker. I have a wetsounds sub and when I had some questions about what size box I should use and amp selection, they always got back to me within an hour of me sending the e-mail. I had great experience with both wetsounds and bullet customer service.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I have been running the Wetsounds Revolution 10 series on my VLX this summer, they are awesome... I am running a pair of them and not only do thye have crystal clear highs, but the mid-bass is amazing... they are a big step up from the Pro 80 series. Two of them riding at 80 feet are incredibly nice, they rock the water and will make your ears bleed..... incredible speaker.

Have not heard the Exiles, but from the posts on here they seem to be popular.
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX