Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I really like how those are off set. Another one of those kicker set ups and that tower would look awesome! Nice work man.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Matt here is the link for the cans:

http://www.bulletlines.com/Anodized-...kers-p/805.htm

but I found them cheaper on Ebay.

Dusty I really want to do the Six Pack this winter but it is a pain to run that much wire in the small towers.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I hear that!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Matt here is the link for the cans:

http://www.bulletlines.com/Anodized-...kers-p/805.htm

but I found them cheaper on Ebay.

Dusty I really want to do the Six Pack this winter but it is a pain to run that much wire in the small towers.

How much wire do you have going up there now? One wire for each side, or two? There are ways to go to a 6-pack without fishing more wire.

I can help...

Nice looking install!

Phil
    Kicker

Phil currently I have four sets of 14 gauge 2 conductor wire running up there (two up each leg). I am running the 650.4 with the mids on 1/2 and the horns on the other 1/2. Would I be able to parallel another set of mids in bringing the load on 1/2 the amp down to 2 ohms? This would be a really easy solution for me.

All in all I love the system it rips at 80ft and sounds great when we are surfing too.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Phil currently I have four sets of 14 gauge 2 conductor wire running up there (two up each leg). I am running the 650.4 with the mids on 1/2 and the horns on the other 1/2. Would I be able to parallel another set of mids in bringing the load on 1/2 the amp down to 2 ohms? This would be a really easy solution for me.

All in all I love the system it rips at 80ft and sounds great when we are surfing too.
    Easy Peasy---

Heck yeah, here is what you want to do if you want to keep your current amp.

Using half of the amp, (AMP1 as an example) move your horn wiring to be parallel with your current midrange drivers. While doing this, go in and on the back of the horn crossover, change the sensitivity jumper from 0 to +6 dB. This increases the horn output to match up with the addition of the new mids. You are still showing 4-ohms per channel for this half of the amp, (the crossover keeps the impedance at 4-ohms despite looking like it is wired in parallel) and it is good for 175 watts RMS per channel. This frees up the second half of the amp. Then using the newly free second half of the amp, (AMP2 as an example) wire the new set of mids, one to each channel.

Going this route is a really good way to go. You have that large amp, but it is only driving 4-ohms on each chanel, so it will run real easy and relatively cool. You will have the same 700 watts of power available that you currently do, but the power will be used more efficiently, AND you will have the greater cone area from doubling your mids, so the result is going to sound WAY better than current. It is hard to explain, but know that the amp will get more power through the speakers when you add the extra mids, despite the fact that post-6-pack, you will still be at 4-ohms per channel, just like you are today...

This allows you to go and just use the same 4 sets of wires that you already have pulled.... Let us know when you do it, and let us know the thoughts on how it sounds!

Good Luck-

Phil
    Kicker

No new wiring, and the 6-pack will be complete. In this configuration, you will be running 390 watts

If you want to swap amps

Phil you are going to kill a guy I think that my order is going to be going in shortly
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

Phil you are going to kill a guy I think that my order is going to be going in shortly

Phil
    Kicker

This thread makes me happy!!! lol.

Nice work bud!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Well it took me couple months but I finally pulled the trigger on a second set of mids and a set of cans. This winter is going to full of stereo upgrades.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"