Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Rig Dilemma

Not bad, not really looking for height though. Chevy wheel wells are shaped weird to me. I'm just looking to clear 35s.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Jason, stop blocking my storage unit. I'm glad you finally made it over to the tall door units. I should get a serious discount...now 5 of my friends have their boats stored at the same facility. Nice looking truck by the way. Looked great when I saw you towing the other day.

I have an F-250, programmed, leveled in the front 2.5", raised in the rear 1", airbags for towing, cat and muffler gone. We love it. Ash snapped this while camping last week.

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Not bad, not really looking for height though. Chevy wheel wells are shaped weird to me. I'm just looking to clear 35s.
    this is very similar to the cognito @ 1/2 the price
    http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_1500_3.html
    05 mobius ls 310hp carb

Quote Originally Posted by casmith71 View Post
    this is very similar to the cognito @ 1/2 the price
    http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_1500_3.html
    Interesting ... do you know if they make it for 2500? I'm going to look into those, was playing around on the website but couldn't easily find it for a 2500.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Interesting ... do you know if they make it for 2500? I'm going to look into those, was playing around on the website but couldn't easily find it for a 2500.
    having a 2500 makes it competely different. what year model?
    2500's have a torsion bar suspension, a 1500 has coil overs. for just a leveling kit you need the torsion keys. a 2500 should be able to fit 35"s with just a 2" leveling kit
    http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_hd_leveling.html
    05 mobius ls 310hp carb

Quote Originally Posted by casmith71 View Post
    having a 2500 makes it competely different. what year model?
    2500's have a torsion bar suspension, a 1500 has coil overs. for just a leveling kit you need the torsion keys. a 2500 should be able to fit 35"s with just a 2" leveling kit
    http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_hd_leveling.html
    I have been a little leary of just the keys due to the fact it will affect the angle of OEM control arms and other stuff I don't understand. The shock brackets make it look a little more doable than some of the other keys I've seen.

Truck is a 07.5.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

You can get away with the key adjustment or replacement on the torsion bar suspension as long as you don't go crazy. A couple inches lift at best or it will ride like a horse and buggy and wear out front end parts quickly.

My truck is older but has the same style of suspension. I did about 2" lift in the front with torsion keys, 2.5" lift blocks in the rear. New longer shocks all around. Angles on steering, axles, etc. are ok but I would not go any further. Ride is stiffer but not bad. Still feels like a truck.

If you want all the gearhead details on what works and what doesn't try the full size chevy forum or GM truck club. The torsion bar lift is one of the most common mods to these GM trucks there is from what I've read.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Well its kind of like asking for audio opinions here ... the only choice is exile.

The biggest recommendation on duramax forum is cognito is the "proper" way.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

i had a ranger edge with torsion bar front suspension and i put load leveing rear shocks on it with coil springs and it was way low in the front after that. i crawled under it and cranked on the torsion bars and got about an inch and half out of it and i could fit 31s under it. thats good for a ranger. rode pretty rough though but nothing wore out or broke
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD