Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Rig Dilemma

Black Betty working in the off season

Betty all cleaned up

What Betty does best.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Whats wrong with foreign??!! You must have never experienced German engineering. It is absolutely second to none! Unübertroffen!! That is "second to none" in German for those unfamiliar.

Tows my LSV like an absolute CHAMP! As a matter of fact, check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWxMestl824

So I should have better pics, but here are two I went and snapped with my camera phone just now

It's GERMAN!!!
    German engineering = 15 bolts where only 3 are needed and 20 moving parts where only 2 are needed.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    German engineering = 15 bolts where only 3 are needed and 20 moving parts where only 2 are needed.

Waterbulldog- Nothing is wrong with German Engineering Our 2006 Touareg V-10 TDI. 555ft-lb of torque, 313hp, On the fly adjustable Air-suspension, 6-speed auto w/paddle shifters, damper (shocks) control, Locking center diff, Nav, pushbutton start, AWD.

Rdlangston13- You are right, twin turbos, twin intercoolers, 4 wheel all time drive, 20 brake pistons on Brembo calipers, 10 Cylinders, 4 heated seats, 4 separate automatic climated controls yeah more can be overkill but for this reason alone this time more is better --19mph in town instead of the 16mph that my V-8 got and all with MORE POWER and TORQUE.
    Last edited by zegm; 07-25-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Waterbulldog- Nothing is wrong with German Engineering Our 2006 Touareg V-10 TDI. 555ft-lb of torque, 313hp, On the fly adjustable Air-suspension, 6-speed auto w/paddle shifters, damper (shocks) control, Locking center diff, Nav, pushbutton start, AWD.

Rdlangston13- You are right, twin turbos, twin intercoolers, 4 wheel all time drive, 20 brake pistons on Brembo calipers, 10 Cylinders, 4 heated seats, 4 separate automatic climated controls yeah more can be overkill but for this reason alone this time more is better --19mph in town instead of the 16mph that my V-8 got and all with MORE POWER and TORQUE.
    your toureg has a v10 AND twin turbos?

and i was mainly referring to things such as a caddy ctsv versus a mercedes amg. both have 4 piston front calipers but the mercedes, if you take it apart, has like 20 more pieces that come out of it that offer no benefit
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Yeah she has twin turbos. TDI = Turbo Direct Injection.

I have been working on and owning Euro cars for over 30 years (Owned Opels, BMWs, a Porsche, VWs). BMW and VW are pretty straight forward and actually easy to work on. Now Mercedes that is a different animal and I would NOT own one of those. Not to be a snob but I have owned 3 Chevy trucks too. The best was the Chevy Avalanche, if only I hadn't of ordered it with a 4:11 rear axle ratio, talk about a gas hog, but my wife and I think it was the best Chevy we ever owned.
    The best of ALL of them (fun factor here) was the Porsche 911. My wife and I will get another one someday. I guess when I pay off the Moomba!

rglangston,

I noticed that our boats are almost sisters! Pretty boat!!!

Nothing too exciting - 98 GMC K1500, but low miles and clean. K&N Intake, exhaust, AirRaid spacer -but still huffs and puffs to pull the Moomba up big hills. Pulling the hills on the freeway trying to hold the speed limit or more can get really noisy and drink a lot gas, but then again our boating season is only a few months of the year... I think I'll look into a performance chip or tuner before I look into a bigger truck (and the big payments that go with them). I'm not much of a diesel fan so I think my next pick would be an F350 Crew with the V-10.

White - it goes with everything!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

these are from a couple years ago when the lakes were way low.

Just noticed that the last photo is the 03 LSV with the tower off it.

Picture 3 the water is right at hood level now. Boy did it suck for surfing that year.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 07-25-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Zegm, where ya been ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

What the HELL moombadaze!!!!! Did you launch from a beach.....lmao, looks like u drove ur rig into the ocean and used the sand as your ramp!!!! Great pic
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV