Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tow Rig Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by 08LSV View Post
    I was trying to find a diesel that had third row seats and was big enough to tow, but no luck. They don't make the Ford Excursion or anything like it anymore. The only other problem with diesel in NORCAL is the price. Gas here is around here is about $3.80 per gallon and diesel runs just over a dollar more about $4.86 and most stations don's even carry it. God I miss Texas.
    4.86 for DIESEL?? #$*! That is absurd! I think being 10-20 cents more than gasoline here is stupid, diesel should be cheaper than gas. But I am not surprised with how well the hybrid tows, that electric assist motor has a lot of torque. You know trains are power by electric motors for that reason.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

08 nice rig man i woudnd be ashamed of it. True is the new Mini Van for soccor moms lol had to go there LOL. Honeslty though its a solid SUV. I would get rid of the sticker on the lower rocker panels.

@RD when they do the milage for towing you notice how they never say what or how much the towed item weighed? LOL Getting 10mpg towing is pretty typical and 16-17 is typical in full size truck. Thats what my F150 also got when towing our boat.

We dont have much flat road out here so its hard to really say what i get towing but it ranges 11 to 14 towing 15 city and 20 hwy. Course the 6.0 Powerstroke isnt known for its milage its known for being a work horse. Doesnt seen to matter if im pulling a 2K Reinell boat or 13K boat i still seam to get 10 to 14 miles per gallons towing all depends on the amount of hills i drive threw lol.

Diesel in Nor Cal is stupid also i was just there last weekend and it was costing me well over 4 a gallon while gas was mid 3 to 375 range. grrrr LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

Course the 6.0 Powerstroke isnt known for its milage its known for being a work horse.
    that's not what they are known for down here.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by bbuhtz View Post
    I recommend doing a spindle lift whatever kind of lift you go with. BDS and Cognito are both spindle lifts and best for GM/Chevy. Cognito 4-6" will clear 35's with a fender mod, same with BDS 4.5" kit. Those kits will clear 35's for your 2007.5. If your just looking to lvl it, go with Cognito UCA level kit. Quality comes with a price and with a HD truck its worth it.

IMO rancho and rough country are junk, some have good luck with them, others don't. I'm one of those that have seen nothing but problems from those brands.
    I went back and forth forever, just ask dusty. Ordered the cognito kit with bilsteins and a couple steering goodies. Hoping to have installed this week and I'll throw some pics up and post on ride difference.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Here is a pic. It clears the 33's with no problems. I ended up with the front measuring the same as the back but not looking right so I went ahead and added ride rite bags in the rear to get just a smidge higher and help with towing.

2016 Moomba Mojo

Beautiful rig KG. Rockstar rims?
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Yes, rockstar on the truck, pretty much.

I bought the truck with chrome rockstars and had them powdercoated so none of the plastic bolts are on it and im currently running without the centercaps. Best shots I have on me of the wheels right now ...

Before

After
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 09-08-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Yeah man looks way better blacked out IMO
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I guess I don't get it. We had painted wheels since the days of covered wagons. Then came alloy rims and chrome. Really dressed up your ride. Now you guys are going right back to painted wheels. Why not just pop the hubcaps off if you like the police cruiser look?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I guess I don't get it. We had painted wheels since the days of covered wagons. Then came alloy rims and chrome. Really dressed up your ride. Now you guys are going right back to painted wheels. Why not just pop the hubcaps off if you like the police cruiser look?
    That is to funny. I had forgotten how much I hated painted wheels when I was younger. Me and my GF way back then got into a huge argument because she wanted to paint her hub caps white to match her car and I threw a big fit and told her I would never ride in her car again if she did it...... LMAO Now every time I see a car all blacked out like KG's truck, I'm like "sweet, that's tight"... I guess time changes us more than we know.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.