Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tow Rig Dilemma

Default xanax name

Thanks mate... just dropped by. Will look for BIKE STN when we get to Seattle. Still in Buenos Airies.

I recommend doing a spindle lift whatever kind of lift you go with. BDS and Cognito are both spindle lifts and best for GM/Chevy. Cognito 4-6" will clear 35's with a fender mod, same with BDS 4.5" kit. Those kits will clear 35's for your 2007.5. If your just looking to lvl it, go with Cognito UCA level kit. Quality comes with a price and with a HD truck its worth it.

IMO rancho and rough country are junk, some have good luck with them, others don't. I'm one of those that have seen nothing but problems from those brands.
    Last edited by bbuhtz; 08-09-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Just adding my setup to the mix.
    2010 Toyota Tundra double cab.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

OK, now don't laugh..... Yes that is a pic of a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid..... Bought it this year with only 8,000 miles on it. I am originally from Texas so I was embarrassed as hell driving this thing after trading in my '07 Avalanche for something with third row seating..... Made that decision after having to drive two cars to get everyone to the lake. However the reason I bought this one was that all the "SUV" vehicles I test drove (took the boat with me to the dealer for tow tests) this one towed better than my Avalanche and the others with the 5.3L and got better mileage while doing it. I couldn't beleive it, but it has a full sized 6.0L V8 along with the electric motor. I still can't believe how well it tows. I have averaged 16mpg towing at 65mph. Anyway just wanted to share.

IMAG0106.jpg

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Just debadge the 'hoe 08LSV and no one will know the difference
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

08- I like it! The Touareg doesn't get the greatest gas mileage so I am all about saving in that dept. 16 on the hwy while towing is fantastic. I believe mine gets around 10-11 while towing on the hwy. But then again, it only gets about 18 on the hwy to begin with.

Zegm is getting better gas mileage in his diesel though.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

my truck claims it gets 10 mpg while towing on the hwy but i think it is lying 25 gallon tank x 10 mpg = 250 mile range. i barely get 200 miles per tank. it also says i get 19 on the hwy not towing but everything im manually calculate it at the pump its more like 16-17
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by millerda68 View Post
    Just adding my setup to the mix.
    2010 Toyota Tundra double cab.
    Very nice setup. I think my truck matches your boat a bit more and my boat matches your truck.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    Just debadge the 'hoe 08LSV and no one will know the difference
    I made a deal with the dealer to take the logo's off the bottom of the doors and just have not had a chance to take it back for them to do the work. I need to get it done before to long so that they wont decide not to do it free for me.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    08- I like it! The Touareg doesn't get the greatest gas mileage so I am all about saving in that dept. 16 on the hwy while towing is fantastic. I believe mine gets around 10-11 while towing on the hwy. But then again, it only gets about 18 on the hwy to begin with.

Zegm is getting better gas mileage in his diesel though.

I was trying to find a diesel that had third row seats and was big enough to tow, but no luck. They don't make the Ford Excursion or anything like it anymore. The only other problem with diesel in NORCAL is the price. Gas here is around here is about $3.80 per gallon and diesel runs just over a dollar more about $4.86 and most stations don's even carry it. God I miss Texas.

------Sold-------