Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Rig Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by casmith71 View Post
    2010 f150 2" leveling kit 35" nitto trail grapplers. pulls way better than my 08 z71

of course your new f150 pulls better, its a Ford!! and i am jealous, that is exactly what i wanted but could not afford!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Daze - that looks to be a very entertaining launch to sit and watch people drop in and load up. Not exactly lowrider country there!

If that were my only option around here I don't have the kahonas to launch off the sand - but then again ours is more like silty quicksand than concrete!

We pretty much had the ramp to ourselves, everybody else was chicken.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

How much did the level kit cost? And how much was labor to have it installed. I see a lot more trucks now a days with the level kit than a 4 or 6 inch body lift etc. Seems like maybe the way to go..

On the topic of foreign made...I had no idea the toureg was such a beast. My opinion of them has always been a small to mid size suv not capable of pulling 4500 lbs of boat. I've been very educated so far and my eyes have been opened. The wife drives an 08 BMW 335i and I have not paid one penny in maintenance in 2.5 years and will continue to pay nothing until well after it's paid off. I love foreign!!!
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

not sure on the fords but my 2.5" level kit for the ram was about 100 and took me about 3 hrs to install myself. Clears the 35" tires with little rubbing, but taking it offroad would not work as the wheels i got are just a little to wide
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

DIY huh.....I have no skills like that so I figure 3 hours labor to the chevy dealership. Looks great and inexpensive compared to a full lift
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Jpetty goto the local tire shop, Les Shuab or another big one like Discount tire. Dont go to the dealer for this.

I got it installed at the shop on my F150 for 225 and my F350 came with it. The actual kit is pretty cheap, its just a spacer. All they do is compress the springs and install it above the spring.

This is the cheapest kit out there and a real bang for your buck.

I personaly think all 4x4 should come factory with these.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    DIY huh.....I have no skills like that so I figure 3 hours labor to the chevy dealership. Looks great and inexpensive compared to a full lift
    this is the best leveling kit for chevy
    http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_leveling_kit.html
    You will not be able to fit 35"s on a GM unless you put a 6" or bigger

i put mine on myself in about 3 hours and spent $80 on the lift.
    even if you do it yourself you will still have to get the alignment checked
    05 mobius ls 310hp carb

BTW i have never had any rubbing issues with my ford and havent done any trimming.
    i had bad rubbing on my chevy w/6" lift and 35"s lol

Wheel offset and width play a big roll in what size tire will fit.
    05 mobius ls 310hp carb

Quote Originally Posted by casmith71 View Post
    this is the best leveling kit for chevy
    http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_leveling_kit.html
    You will not be able to fit 35"s on a GM unless you put a 6" or bigger

i put mine on myself in about 3 hours and spent $80 on the lift.
    even if you do it yourself you will still have to get the alignment checked
    I've always read the cognito kit is the best for GM. Def more expensive though. Also read it will clear 35s. Ill know soon enough as I'm hoping its a fall upgrade
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

the cognito is a much more complex lift than the rough country. if you go more that 2" on a chevy it will not be level and you will have to lift the rear aswell.

if you are going to go through that much work and your willing to spent that much $$$ on a 3" lift then you should check out the rancho 4"
    http://www.gorancho.com/suspension.p..._silverado1500
    05 mobius ls 310hp carb