Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Rig Dilemma

2010 f150 2" leveling kit 35" nitto trail grapplers. pulls way better than my 08 z71

05 mobius ls 310hp carb

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Zegm, where ya been ?
    Let me show you!

Notice the slalom buoy behind Zach? He is making all six now on his new HO ski and Eliza is up this year on her slalom.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I'm not much of a diesel fan so I think my next pick would be an F350 Crew with the V-10.

White - it goes with everything!
    I never thought about diesel engines either until my wife got a VW diesel Jetta. Fast and 40mpg. So I spent 3 months looking for a V-10 5.0 liter diesel (what you want) VW Touareg TDI and less than a minute after driving it I was sold (Super Fast and you don't even know the boat is behind you). Both my wife and I will never own a gas vehicle again. No that isn't right, the next car we will buy will be a 2007 Porsche 911. You know when we pay the Moomba off!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    rdlangston,

I noticed that our boats are almost sisters! Pretty boat!!!
    your toureg is v10 twin turbo diesel? now that is just crazy!

and you are right! i just have the v drive version lol. and my interior gelcoat is blue and yours is white but the outside looks almost identical!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Here's one of my tow rigs...........

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I don't know what is going on but get this message when trying to upload a photo:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error. "

Might have to call it a night

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    What the HELL moombadaze!!!!! Did you launch from a beach.....lmao, looks like u drove ur rig into the ocean and used the sand as your ramp!!!! Great pic

LOL-we did use the ramp--just had to keep going till the boat floated. Sand is so compacted I didnt even use the 4 wheel drive. Lakes were down about 4-5 feet that summer. Thats my local lake-no salt water for that boat
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Zegm, kids look like there doing good.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Daze - that looks to be a very entertaining launch to sit and watch people drop in and load up. Not exactly lowrider country there!

If that were my only option around here I don't have the kahonas to launch off the sand - but then again ours is more like silty quicksand than concrete!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    If that were my only option around here I don't have the kahonas to launch off the sand - but then again ours is more like silty quicksand than concrete!
    That is funny! We live in Florida and sand is everywhere, your yard, the beach the the unpaved roads. We have to purchase rocks at a pet store to put in the turtle tank we bought my daughter!!! When it rains here people that live on "dirt roads" just drive home no problems. It also allows the water to just drain right throught it so an hour after it rains your yard is dry again. So this summer we go visit my father in Indiana and while there we went to visit some old covered bridges. I decided that I wanted to walk under one to look at those huge old oak boards. I walk down the bank and see that there is sand and not mud under the bridge so thinking nothing of it I stepped onto the sandy bank. WHOA!!!! I went down to my knees in that stuff and struggled really hard to get myself out. Then I had to alert my wife and kids "don't step on the quick sand!!!!