Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Rig Dilemma

Default Tow Rig Dilemma

the tahoe Z71 is currently my tow rig. I'd like for the tundra to be my new tow rig. the warden says we still need the tahoe for the third row set ( 3 kiddos still at home) so right now I don't have her blessing to move fwd with the buy. go figure, a women with some sense!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG]
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

eeeeewwwwwwwww on tundras and toyota in general.

however i am jealous of your storage! must be nice to not have to fold the tower down
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Bought a 2010 Tundra last fall too use as my tow rig. Best truck I've ever owned!!!!! There isn't a half ton truck on the market that compares!!!!
    Just my 2 cents.
    2005 Outback

Yeah you can't beat the storage for a 100 a month. Concrete slab, electricity with lights in the interior unit. Can't complain at all.....

@ hooterville I am amazed at the ease the tundra tows my lsv. It's like the boat isn't even hooked up. Now gas mileage is another thing but tremendously smooth and all the power in the world.
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

100 a month? maybe when the boat is paid for i can slurge on storage! mine is like 35 a month and i have electricity and a light, but it is gravel floors and its not really sealed very good from the elements i dont think.

and c'mon guys have some national pride. buy American! and have you looked at the ford eco boost?? i bet that V6 will hang with the tundra!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Not to highjack this thread with a long truck discussion, but in doing some research a majority of the parts and assembly of the tundra is done in the US. I believe since 2007. Ford and Chevy are importing more and more parts to stay competitive, and many GM products are now built or assembled in Canada, but can still put the sticker on them saying made in America. Not sure why. Bottom line is Toyota supports many US workers and makes a great product that I found fit my family and I best.
    2005 Outback

of course the parts for the tundra mainly come from here. they dont even sell tundras in japan i dont think and they dont have v8 engines there. the tundra was pretty much designed specifically for the US market to take market share away from the big 3. but the profits from the truck still go overseas. theres not much you can buy period besides some tools where all the money stays state side. but i made a vow never to own a foreign vehicle and i did not want a dodge or chevy but i cant afford a ford
    David

That's what the thread is for hooterville, a long drawn out truck discussion. I'd like to see everyone throw a pic of their rig's in this thread. WW has a thread like that going and it's pretty cool to look at pics of everyone's rides....

Whatcha say boys, throw up some pics of you rig
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

David

Whats wrong with foreign??!! You must have never experienced German engineering. It is absolutely second to none! Unübertroffen!! That is "second to none" in German for those unfamiliar.

Tows my LSV like an absolute CHAMP! As a matter of fact, check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWxMestl824

So I should have better pics, but here are two I went and snapped with my camera phone just now

It's GERMAN!!!

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden