Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For you Texans..........

Going to Houston for work today until Thursday evening.

What should I try and do while I am there? Never been so I am up for anything.

My only real busy day will be tomorrow. I will have all of early evening and tonight as well as all day after 2 tomorrow and then a few hours on Thursday.

I was thinking about taking in a Astros game tomorrow night, bc I like to see the stadiums, but if you guys have any better ideas, please shoot em out.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Minute Maid is a great stadium, so an Astros game is a good choice, even if they're the worst team in MLB.

I'm a sucker for any body of water, so I would consider heading down to the Kemah Boardwalk for dinner one night. Tons of restaurants down there on the bay, and a pretty lively environment.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Nice! I am the same way, so I will look into that. I am staying at the Hotel Derek so if you guys know anything close to that it would be helpful.

As far as the Astros, even worse, they are playing the Nationals. But I have heard good things about the stadium so it still should be a good time.

Looking forward to seeing a little bit of Houston.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I second going to minute maid park.....great stadium. Getting a seat won't be a problem!
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Quote Originally Posted by skylar18 View Post
    Getting a seat won't be a problem!
    Haha! Especially against the Nats.
    2010 LSV
    2006 Outback V (sold)

My uncle has season tickets for the Astros. The other day he had a pair of tickets there was no way he could use. He tucked them under his wiper blade in the parking lot at work so anyone who wanted them could just take them. When he returned to his car at the end of the day there were three more pairs there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    My uncle has season tickets for the Astros. The other day he had a pair of tickets there was no way he could use. He tucked them under his wiper blade in the parking lot at work so anyone who wanted them could just take them. When he returned to his car at the end of the day there were three more pairs there.

That is an old joke usually reserved for the Chicago Cubs in September!
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

kane is from Chicago! probably where he picked up that joke.

Actually, that joke originated on the south side of town. Of course they have been doing a little better than the Cubs this last hundred years or so.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Man its too bad I left Monday for work or else I would show you the town!

Go to Cha Chos Mexican restaurant and get a frozen Jack and Coke and some awesome nachos.

Go to Ruby Tequilas Mexican restaurant and get a sangria swirl margarita or a Dos Equis beer-rita.

Drink a Shiner Bock.

Go watch the astros at minute made park.

Go wakeboarding on the trinity river. Where all the pictures from the 2011 Texas Moomba Jam were taken.

Got to the Kema board walk and eat, ride a ride.

Drink another Shiner Bock.

Go to Katy and go to Mo's Place on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.

Drink 10 Shiner Bocks.

Got to Sam Houston Raceway Park and bet on some horse races.

So visit the battleship Texas in San Jacinto as well as the San Jacinto monument. (San Jacinto is where we beat general Santa Anna and the Mexican army and won out independence.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD