Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Days in Vegas

Default 4 Days in Vegas

Had enough of this crap weather and am headed to Vegas for 4 days with Mrs. Canuckle and no kids! They're staying behind with the Grandparents so it's all good.

Should be fun, fun, fun!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Nice!!! I actually have an unused trip to Vegas which includes airfare and accommodations for two provided from my wife's work that we haven't gotten around to using in two years. We have been putting it off for way too long and just now have started looking at going.

I expect a full report of your findings! It will be the first time she has ever been there and only my second. The first I was only about 12 so I it doesn't really count.

Were either of you gamblers? We are not, so I am unsure of what to do besides gamble.

Hope you have a blast!! It's going to be HOOOOOT!
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

where ya stayin?

I think I'm in vegas 4 or 5 times a year as my mom lives there. it's a fun city the first few times, but now it's just like any other city to go visit parents in.
    been there 2x in last 3 weeks
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My wife and I have never taken a trip together without kids in 18 years of marriage. Both her parents were gone before our first came along. We can't leave kids with my Dad and it's not something I could ask my Mom to do. If you have living parents that cover this for you treat them well and appreciate them. It is a blessing not everyone enjoys.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine spending 4 days in that city. I was there about a month ago, decided last minute to meet some buddies that were already out there. I bought my ticket Thursday night, flew out Friday morning, flew home Saturday night. We had The Real World suite at The Palms, it was a good time, but man is that an expensive town.

My uncles took me for my 21st birthday, and we had a suite at The Venetian that was larger than both of my houses combined - that kind of ruined the budget Vegas for me, lol.

It is a hell of a place to people watch though!
    2013 Outback V

Staying at Wynn. Not a big gambler by any means but do enjoy the occasional game of Black Jack. Would rather go and see a show like Cirque du Soleil or a magic show. Lots of good entertainment there including people watching. Might even see if I can find a place to go for a wakeboard/wakesurf/waterski.

Kaneboats man, you gotta get some time alone with your significant other. I don't know how old your kids are but sooner or later you'll be in a position to leave the oldest in charge while you get away. I feel for ya brother!

Anyone know of a waterski school ar onything like that in the Vegas area?

2007 Outback V

Lake Mead looks like the spot. 35 Miles outside Las Vegas. Might have to check that out.

2007 Outback V

Sweet! went last year with the misses for my 40th birthday, the wife surprised me at the airport, no kids LOVED Legas! Cirque du Soleil was great. Make sure you hit old Vegas for a night, there is somethime about that pair of Vegas. Light it up brother!
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

Smile

Definetely lots to do and see in Vegas besides gambling. People watching can be very entertaining,shopping or as mentioned above definetely go to see Old Vegas at Night.
    Something not mentioned yet is the Raceway just outside town where they have regular Drag racing,Nascar once a year plus many other forms of racing. Or you can do like i did a couple years ago and go to Richard Petty driving school and Either go for a ride along with a Pro driver for 3 laps (one garranteed 150mph) or take the beginner level and drive yourself for 8 laps. I've done both and recomend either or Both.

Shows are hit or miss,concerts? or take a tour,maybe a Helicopter ride?We did a simple evening ride over the Strip at Night one time since there were no shows at the time that we really wanted to see and was pretty much the same cost.

Lots of Clubs,Pricey but lots of Free entertainmaent and lots of places for Cheap Drinks. LOTS to see and do just go out and look. Have fun......
    07 Outback DD

Thanks for the tips guys! Very interested in the Richard Petty driving school!

Cheers!

Wade

2007 Outback V