Hybrid View

Default zero off. Is it the only option?

I have a 2010 Outback V and the Speedometer is not working right. I thought rather than fix it I would just replace it. Is the Zero Off the only option for my boat as far as GPS Speedo/cruise control goes. Is the install easy? Thanks for any advice or help.

Dave

I called Perfect Pass and they told me I had to get Zero Off for my boat. Is the Zero Off something I can install on my own? Does anyone know of any place that would sell it for less than the $1295 retail?

That is weird, it seems that you could get PP Stargazer.

ZO, should be a plug and play system that would install in 30 mins or less. Call ZO directly and see if you can get a discount from them. They were willing to come off of the price when I talked to them last.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I find that odd myself. I thought PP Stargazer was kind of an all-around wakeboard, ski cruise. I have it and love it
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I read about this somewhere. I think there was some "disagreement" between Perfect Pass and Zero Off about GPS cruise. I think the article was in Waterski magazine. I seem to remember that ZO has exclusive rights to factory installed GPS cruise, and that PP could only be sold aftermarket, or something like that. I will try to find the article and see what it says.

Here is a press release from Perfect Pass about the situation.

http://www.perfectpass.com/download/...ss-release.pdf

I was on the right track with my earlier comment. Apparently, the rights to all new drive by wire boat GPS cruise control systems have gone to Zero Off. The new boats with throttle cables can still get Perfect Pass as OEM equipment. What I understand is that if a new boat did not come with any GPS cruise from the factory, either system is available in the aftermarket. That being said, you should be able to get the Stargazer for you boat.