Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Bullet lines eq 4200 dealio

Got an email from bullet lines they have what looks like a ws 420 knock off for 199.00 and with the promo code eq promo it's 139. Hell of a deal.

For those looking for a great deal, maybe someone can get gp on the ws 420, don't want to start anything but wanted to pass along what looks like a deal.

I own krypt hlcds as well as a ws 420.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Been waiting all day to see a thread on this ...

It sure is tough to justify double the price for the same product (without any loyalty to ws) ....
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Rather than recreate all the drama on this forum you can watch the saga unfold on Wakeworld. There is great history over there with underwater LEDs, HLCDs, fiberglass work, EQs and much, much more. Enjoy!

David, based on all your feedback regarding krypt, would it be safe to assume that you would our would not tune a customer's equipment that came to you with krypt gear installed? While I can see the argument from both sides of the fence, it doesn't change the fact that krypt appeals to a working man and has enough support and reviews that proves the gear is solid.

I will be running some krypt equipment, and being in the dallas area, planned (hoped) to come to you, the most well known installer in the area to get the absolute best possible sound from the equipment I could afford.

Dusty,
    That is a discussion that should take place privately and off the forum. There are many other circumstances that determine our position. The time of year and level of installation activity will have a bearing on available technical staff to install non-purchased gear (regardless of the source), for example. Will a boat owner who gravitates toward the lower priced gear on everything really be a candidate for the true cost of getting it done the right way? There are many qualifiers, like as to the implied warranty of non-purchased gear in the case of a defect. So let's get into those particulars with direct contact with Shane in our Marine facility.

David
    Earmark Marine

Thanks for the reply David. As my install draws near to completion, I will get with you and Shane directly. As far as the equipment being installed, I am doing all that work myself. And as far as the “boat owner who gravitates toward the lower priced gear on everything;” in my opinion the only component of my system that i do not see regularly on your install galleries are the Krypt towers and eq. Obviously the eq is new but i was unsure as to whether or not you would help with Krypt gear. And yes, while the saying, “you get what you pay for” is mostly true, and me being in sales, I can confidently say that price is not always a direct reflection of quality.

My main concern is that I would show up to the shop, install fully complete, only needing your professional ear and a quality tune, and having you turn me down based on seeing the Krypt logo. I can sit and read the “how to tune” tips all day long, however, I’m aware that my skill and ability ends with fabrication and wiring. Beyond that, I’m willing to admit that I need a professional’s help. I’m very confident in the equipment, and fully believe that with your help we can achieve an amazing “budget” system.

Reading between the lines is a typical retailers point of view here.

You didnt buy from me so im not handing out any favors. If i hand you a favor then i must do it for all people. Fair is fair.

In Daves case what i think hes says is more so that if his shop is slow, and your willing to pay the 1 hour labor cost sure his guys can tune your system. Hes got going to hand anything out for free < not that your asking for it to be free >

The other point Dave is leaning on is when his guys tune gear that wasnt bought threw him, or warrentied to his shop and you blow a component based on what his guys said was Tuned then you might have reason to come see him expecting new parts.

Most shops now a days wont touch anything they didnt install for those reason.

Its the same as you buy the tires online because there cheaper then at a tire company. Then you goto said tire company and ask they install them, balance them and such. Then you get a blow out and go back complaining there mounting procedure caused your blow out.

See where it leads?

I will admit im not a huge fan of Dave at Earmark mainly because of his comments to postings and dealing with people i actualy know. On this topic i can see Dave reluctance and can agree in the fact he wont give you a straight answer on a forum on this particular topic
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Actually I did give a straight answer and the answer is 'lets discuss it privately.' There are just too many qualifiers and details to be discussed in order to have an agreement.
    We are not going to "tune a system down" because it doesn't represent the brands that we sell or favor. If we can't be proud of the work we do and do it completely right then we will gladly pass on the job. If we get a sense from the consumer that he/she is going to hold us accountable for his/her mistakes, whether selection or installation, then its always best to walk the job. If we can't make it sound presentable then we would rather pass on the job than have our work unfairly represented.
    If a job comes in and upon a quick listen and inspection there are numerous and obvious problematic issues that tuning can't resolve and it takes a complete re-do then the smart thing to do is pass, especially if the consumer is going to flame you for over charging.
    I think we should see some photos of the existing work before agreeing and before someone makes the considerable drive with a boat in tow.
    Experience has taught me to look out for the company that I represent as well as the interests of the boat owner. Oftentimes the business doesn't get done on this boat but our honesty won over the boat owner and we did a great system on the following boat.

David
    Earmark Marine

Straight to the point fellas. Ha. I agree with everything posted above with the exception of not liking David. I have bought several things from him over the past 2 years and gotten quick delivery. That is about as much as i know, though.

If it isn't obvious yet, I am working with Dusty on our winter project. I too am clueless to what a "full blown" tune includes. Like mmandley mentioned, are we talking about an hours worth of time? Are we talking a dramatic difference in quality?

How appreciate all the help the audio gods (david, brian, and phil) provide around here (even though we got little to no response on install procedures ). However, David is closest to me and still is a couple hundred miles away. Can a solid tune by done by a local shop? What am I looking for in knowing someone can do it right? Or am I just way over-complicating the tuning aspect and it isn't that precise of a tune?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Actually I did give a straight answer and the answer is 'lets discuss it privately.' There are just too many qualifiers and details to be discussed in order to have an agreement.
    We are not going to "tune a system down" because it doesn't represent the brands that we sell or favor. If we can't be proud of the work we do and do it completely right then we will gladly pass on the job. If we get a sense from the consumer that he/she is going to hold us accountable for his/her mistakes, whether selection or installation, then its always best to walk the job. If we can't make it sound presentable then we would rather pass on the job than have our work unfairly represented.
    If a job comes in and upon a quick listen and inspection there are numerous and obvious problematic issues that tuning can't resolve and it takes a complete re-do then the smart thing to do is pass, especially if the consumer is going to flame you for over charging.
    I think we should see some photos of the existing work before agreeing and before someone makes the considerable drive with a boat in tow.
    Experience has taught me to look out for the company that I represent as well as the interests of the boat owner. Oftentimes the business doesn't get done on this boat but our honesty won over the boat owner and we did a great system on the following boat.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Thanks David. I'll have my work done soon and will be in touch, I'll be shocked if after you see it you wouldn't be happy to have a part in it.

It's a razzle dazzle!
    Last edited by dusty2221; 12-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.