Talking I need more unemployed friends!

hahaah!! SUMMER unemployed that is Hi of 102 today.... water right around 82.... and here I sit on the forum while the boat just bakes under its cover.... oh well.....
    2010 LSV

I was self employed one summer a few years back - when we actually had summer-like weather around here that is. Recall a few days out on the water on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with the entire glassy warm river to ourselves! My brother is a cop and works a rotating shift so he was in. Kids were in. My retired folks even came out for a while.

Meanwhile my wife was gone on a business trip and she was pissed!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Make friends with teachers, they're off all summer. I work 4 days a week but still get out after work a couple hours for good water on weekdays.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Make friends with teachers, they're off all summer. I work 4 days a week but still get out after work a couple hours for good water on weekdays.
    My wife is a teacher and lives out on the boat in the summer!
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

I hear you all. Wasted a perfect afternoon here in Portland, OR. Boat in front of the house and stripped down, drying out from the rain from last weekend. Wasted a great afternoon. Had the afternoon off.... Kids and wife working, no one to hit the water with Hoping the wife can find a part time job so we can get more time on the water. Still need to find that ever elusive 3rd though. The unicorn of the boating world.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

A lot of my friends are teachers and they are evil since they tell me how nice the water is when I am at work. I need to just quit my job next summer to spend it on the water.

Millerda68, If you go to pdxwake.com you can post that you are looking for a third or even a second and see who bites. It is for the most part a great groop. The forms have been slow the last year but there is still some active people.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Hey Miller - My boat has been stripped down all week trying to dry out from last weekend as well - haha. Spent a few hours last night wiping everything down and putting stuff back together and my carpet is still a little wet!

Curious what your work schedule is and when you normally try to go out but I'd be up for being a third or sometimes needing a third myself. I work a 7-4, M-F shift and basically get out on the water any chance I get. If you want I'll PM you my contact info.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...