Default subwoofer question

i am ordering a 2012 lsv.is the factory subwoofer pretty decent?or should i go aftermarket?just wondering if should order it with the factory system to get some bump out of it and will it sound like my bose system in my gmc sierra,that clear. or not so much. any thoughts or opinions thank you.

What are they putting in the 2012s?

What is the cost?

If it were me and the cost was moderate I'd get it installed from the factory.

Then later on down the road I'd probably swap out the speaker and amp, but at least the wiring and mounting components would be there already...

I asked about getting a stereo upgrade from the dealer, can't recall what the quote was but it was more than I thought it was worth at the time. I bought my boat late in the year out of dealer stock and they were only taking orders for 2011s but I liked the 2010 in stock and the price better than the 2011 price
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Default subwoofer

im pretty sure its kicker

Kicker is pretty decent.

What does the price include, the speaker obviously, then an amp, enclosure, installation? Sub-volume control?

If the cost is moderate I'd get it installed from the factory, it'd be cheaper than having the dealer install it (at least in my experience with the dealer I worked with).

It'd be a decent addition and can be upgraded later if you end up going down the Exile path so many with tons of money have taken
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Its very rare that factory, regardless of boat brand, does a good job in the subwoofer department. Its not that they don't use good quality equipment because they often do feature good product. And Kicker makes good quality stuff.
    The problem is generally in the system design and product application. I have yet to see a factory that really understands audio or is willing to make the additional investment in order to 'do it right'.
    Oftentimes an acoustic suspension (intended for a small sealed box) woofer is placed in the floor hump and in the bilge cavity or in a facade/kick panel that doesn't provide much of an enclosure or uses a light HDPE enclosure that is not air tight or not the optimum displacement.
    With certainty you can do better.

David
    Earmark Marine

Well, looks like you can drop a couple grand or get a hollow log and a stick
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

My 2 cents......Do it yourself or aftermarket. They won't be able to give you what you would want.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2004 Supra Launch

Acme 913 Prop
    WS420, L5 kicker sub, JL/Kicker Amps
    4 Polk mm in Roswell, 6 Kicker in boats
    3000# Ballast