Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast Bags Thread Slipping

Last night when we were wakesurfing behind the boat when I noticed the wake didn't look at steep. I checked the bags and noticed the bag had come unattached from the filling tubes on my Gravity 3 Ballast system. This is the 3rd time it has happened and causes water to spill everywhere. I think the threads in the bag are slipping and causes it to come loose, but not for sure. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Where is it leaking? Are the fittings popping out of the bags? If the leaks are coming from the threads going into the bag and not the quick connect fitting, then use abs cement to secure the fitting into the bag. The fittings that come with the stock ballast are cemented in (in both Moomba's I've owned anyway).
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I lengthened my fill hose so there isnt as much stress on the cap/nozzle itsself. I also check it as it fills to make sure there is some slack up top.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The fitting are coming out of the bag. I wondered about putting some super glue on it when i rescrew it in and trying to lengthen in. You think that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Last night when we were wakesurfing behind the boat when I noticed the wake didn't look at steep. I checked the bags and noticed the bag had come unattached from the filling tubes on my Gravity 3 Ballast system. This is the 3rd time it has happened and causes water to spill everywhere. I think the threads in the bag are slipping and causes it to come loose, but not for sure. Any suggestions on how to fix?

my fittings are glued in in the ski lockers. wakemakers said that when the engine compartment heats up it cause the plastic fittings on the bags to soften and the fitting can pull out.. they glue them in to prevent this.

i got 1100 lb bags and the fiting never came out when full

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    i got 1100 lb bags and the fiting never came out when full
    With them cemented or not cemented?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    With them cemented or not cemented?
    wakemakers sent my bags with the fittings cemented

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I lengthened my fill hose so there isnt as much stress on the cap/nozzle itsself. I also check it as it fills to make sure there is some slack up top.

How do you lengthen the hose. My looks like it doesn't have any slack.

you have to add to the hose. Either buy extra hose from wakemakers or just go to home depot and buy 3/4" hose from the plumbing department along with a couple hose clamps and a barbed coupler.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I was thinking about upgrading my ballast in the rear to 750 next summer. Should I just wait to mess with the length?