Thread: Summer Weather

Default Summer Weather

it has been close to 100 degrees in mid michigan. WOO HOO. Some folks are saying too hot. I say buy a MOOMBA and get out and enjoy the heat. in a few short months the lakes will be frozen and they'll be complaining about the cold.

MOOMBA TIME -

people have short term memories. every summer here in Texas it gets over 100 degrees, and every summer people act like they have never seen 100 degrees before. its silly
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I'm not sure we have officially hit 90 degrees in Spokane, yep not even once. Water is still really cold around here! Rumor has it Lake Chelan is still in the 50's and I'm sure Lake Coeur d'alene isn't much better.
    2007 Mobius LS

It's been the same down here in Portland bbyquist. Fridays have been consistently nice, but that is about all we have going thus far. Hoping for some 80s this weekend. Regardless we are getting out, rugged up in sweats, heaters on and making use of the shower and warm water.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

nice thing about Michigan is your lakes stay cooler- at least from what I remember about going to Crystal Lake they do. I don't mind air temps in the 100s but when the water temp gets in the mid 80s I can't stand it.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    nice thing about Michigan is your lakes stay cooler- at least from what I remember about going to Crystal Lake they do. I don't mind air temps in the 100s but when the water temp gets in the mid 80s I can't stand it.
    I agree. Being from the pacific northwest climbs myself I like a cool water temp. This damn southern bath water in Georgia is not to my liking.

I prefer the water to be between refreshing and invigorating. When you jump into water and it doesn't cool you off then something is wrong IMHO

But the wife seems to enjoy the warmer water...

The Georgia water isn't bad, IMHO between March - June, then again Sept - Oct. Nov - Feb I tend to not get out in the boat much at all...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

last weekend we had air temps around 102 and the water temp was 91 at the surface
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD