Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ski platform pad

I know that platform pad replacement has been discussed before, but since I didn't have a problem then, I didn't really pay attention. (C'mon, you all know it's that male genetic thing).
    I seem to remember gorilla grip or monkey grip or something that was recommended.
    If anyone has done this I'd appreciate a product and a source.Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Default Replying to Topic 'Ski platform pad'

Dave
    I used this on my boat.Holds up awesome. http://www.airjunky.com/traxxed/
    Hope this helps.
    John

Dave,
    The product you may be thinking of is called Gator Grip. It can be found by visiting the following web site: www.wakejunky.com

Looks like awesome stuff, lots of colors. I have not read anything bad about it. Just good reviews.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Thanks guys,
    I'vegot a sample of the Gator Grip coming in the mail. The stuff at Airjunky looks similar and is somewhat cheaper. I'll call them for a sample also.
    I'll report back on hows things go with the install as soon as I'm done.
    Dave

Dave,
    Have you already stripped the factory stuff off your platform? Just wondering how big of a pain that was. What did you use to get the adhesive off with? Details...
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Jeff,
    I have peeled off the old grey rubber material and it left the adhesive on the platform. I haven't tackled that yet, but Body shop owner brother-in-law says he has some miracle adhesive remover. I should add that we're repainting the platform, so if worse comes to worse, we'll sand it off. I'll keep you posted.
    Dave

I did not even remove the old stuff I just touched it up with some 3m adhesive.I did use a heat gun to remove the old pad.Airjunky I think was the original seller of this material.He sold it to the Gator guy I believe.It is what is used on the seat pad of Sky Skis.It is awesome on the swim deck.

The Gator Grip is great I've had mine on my boat for over a year and it works. I put it on the top rail to make getting in and out easier. Also put a large section on my transom
    behind my swim platform to protect from board and ski hits. It looks great and no peeling.
    CS

I will be replacing my swim pad covering as well. It looks like Airjunky has more colors. They even have purple to match the boat. I think I read on one of the wakeboard forums that the color fades quickly . I've seen some self-installed gator grips that look a little rough around the edges (no pun intended) Has anyone ever tried cut this stuff and what did you use for a pattern? If I had a CAD file, I think I could get it waterjet cut for short money.

NH
    I took my swim deck off the boat and laid it out by tracing it out and then moving the line in a liitle bit all the way around.I just used a razor blade and scissors and it came out smooth.I used 3m adhesive to stick it on.I have the black and grey color.Matches the boat perfect.Good luck.
    John