Default Recommendations on Audio Upgrade Path

I have the factory stock Kenwood setup in my 06 LSV with the 6 cabin speakers, headunit, and the remote at driver cockpit. I want to setup on the right upgrade path as I can't go stereo crazy in one shot, will be iterative. My first requirement is to get some tower speakers so I can hear the music when surfing and wakeboarding.
    Thinking my path should be (but please provide guidance if you think I am on the wrong path):
    1. Tower speakers, looking at just 2 (their selection would probably drive the amp)
    2. Amp for tower speakers

2nd round:
    3. Dual battery setup (I put this at 3 instead of 1 because I don't normally anchor up and sit for hours at a time, I'm normally motor running)

3rd round:
    4. Amp for cabin speakers/sub (assuming the tower speaker amp isn't big enough to drive some cabin ones also)
    5. Subwoofer

4th round
    6. New headunit
    7. New cabin speakers

What do you think? If you have recommendations for any of the rounds, would be helpful, but round 1 is the only one near term.

Thanks
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

There's nothing wrong with doing it in stages. I would definately add the second battery to stage 1 however, you don't want to be caught on the lake with a dead battery.

Of course your assumptions are relative to the gear you decide to go with, based on budget and expectations.

Example; Your tower speaker amp may or may not be able to drive the cabin speakers based on what tower speakers you want. Or it may just be plain unreasonable to expect it to do so, again based on the same or expectations.

The first step is deciding what you expect from your setup, then shop from there. Once you've determined that then you can start to lay it out as a system and plan the stages based on that.

There's absolutely nothing worse than planning and installing only to realize it doesn't do what you expected it to do.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I don't see anything wrong with your plan. One battery should be sufficient to run the boat and one amp especially since you say you don't sit and crank the stereo with the engine off much. I would add the second battery when you add your second amp. If you want to keep it simple, you can get a 5 or 6 channel amp that will run all your cabin speakers plus the sub, plus a two channel amp for the tower speakers. This will also minimize the drain on the battery especially if you don't want to add a third battery.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV