Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Love the Shiner Bock advice. If you see the Shiner Black Lager, give that a go too. May as well order them two at a time -- they are that good.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Love the Shiner Bock advice. If you see the Shiner Black Lager, give that a go too. May as well order them two at a time -- they are that good.
    Shiner Black is so freakin good. That's my staple on beach trips.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Thanks for all the advice guys. Ended up being way too much work and little room for any sightseeing. Missed the Astros game bc we didn't realize the game last Wed was a day game. Ate at some place called Little Pappasito's Cantina that was actually pretty decent. Good atmosphere and probably had the best waitress I have ever had. Not one complaint.

I took a client out to lunch at The Houstonian's place downstairs. I believe the name was Olivette. TOP NOTCH. The entire establishment was A+. Can't say enough about this place. I had some seared gulf snapper which was some of the best I had ever had. The place itself is best described as an "old boys club" atmosphere. I wish I had stayed there but had no idea it was this nice. GREAT place for a client lunch. I am sure he would have been impressed except he had been there many times. At least he had tried just about everything on the menu so he knew what to suggest.

When I got there, it was mostly sunny with a high of 82 which was a welcome relief from the 95 I had come from in Atlanta. City was ok. I really didn't get to see enough of it to make any judgement. I will say that on the way to The Houstonian there are some NIIICE homes.

The only negative about the entire trip was the freeway system in Houston was among the worst I have ever seen. There are so many changes on the freeways that it drives you crazy. It's freeway, freeway, change to another freeway from the same freeway, pay a toll, change again, pay another toll, when they had access roads I could have been on to get to the same place 5 miles away instead of a freeway. But, it's not like it's much better in Atlanta. As a matter of fact, Houston traffic was MUCH better than the ATL, but the system would just take some getting used to.

Next time I am there I am going to check out some of the sites mentioned as I have a fairly good lay of the town now and know how long it will take to get to my clients.

Thanks for the insight fellas.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post

The only negative about the entire trip was the freeway system in Houston was among the worst I have ever seen. There are so many changes on the freeways that it drives you crazy. It's freeway, freeway, change to another freeway from the same freeway, pay a toll, change again, pay another toll, when they had access roads I could have been on to get to the same place 5 miles away instead of a freeway. But, it's not like it's much better in Atlanta. As a matter of fact, Houston traffic was MUCH better than the ATL, but the system would just take some getting used to.

Whaaaatt??? Its super easy freeway system! I45 runs north and south, I10 runs east and west. 610 is the inner loop, Beltway 8 is the outter loop. HWY59 runs diagonal North East to South West and that is pretty much it, there are a few other toll roads but that is the main shabang
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD