Default Exile SXT65Q or X7 (with Harpoon)??

For what its worth, we were going to go with 2 sets of SXT65Q (spin version) with the harpoon amp. We ended up going with 1 set of the SXT65Q and 1 set of the X7's with the Harpoon amp (with the wetsounds 420EQ, keeping the stock deck, cabin speakers & amp as is). I am glad we did... The combination of the two provides more range of sound from lows to high. My friend has the same set up, but ended up going with 2 sets of X7's. While his is louder from a far (and bleeds the ears up close), it does not "sound" nearly as good. IMO, the hybrid system is way better... Hearing the music out wake boarding is not an issue and when your surfing, you actually have to turn it down... We also went with a 12' Exile Sub & 800 amp to push it... Sub is a must! The system really pounds & we could not be happier. Just don't ask about our install!!

I was just wondering about upgrading one set of my SXT65Qs to the XM7s. Kind of a mini hybrid set up. I guess I'll talk to Brian about it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I know Moombadaze wants to go over to the Q's so he might be interested in a pair. If not, I'll take one pair if you want and swap him mounts or something cuz I'm not worried about them being removable. Let me know what you decide.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I was just wondering about upgrading one set of my SXT65Qs to the XM7s. Kind of a mini hybrid set up. I guess I'll talk to Brian about it.
    I've had the chance to listen to both set ups (keeping everything else the same)... The mini hybrid system sounds better IMO... You get the best of both worlds... without having a "show" on your bar with 6 speakers. Trust me... after hearing only 4 speakers with the hybrid set up.... you will not be dis-appointed. Don't forget the sub though... We were not going to go with one this year but decided to do it... VERY glad we did... The system sounds way different now.

Hey now!! I love my "show"!!!!!!!

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Hey now!! I love my "show"!!!!!!!
    I think this is where someone chimes in and says...... "I love your mom's show".

Sorry I couldn't resist. For some reason I crack up every time one of you says that to the other. LOL
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Your mom couldn't resist.

lol.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by trevormcfar View Post
    I've had the chance to listen to both set ups (keeping everything else the same)... The mini hybrid system sounds better IMO... You get the best of both worlds... without having a "show" on your bar with 6 speakers. Trust me... after hearing only 4 speakers with the hybrid set up.... you will not be dis-appointed. Don't forget the sub though... We were not going to go with one this year but decided to do it... VERY glad we did... The system sounds way different now.
    i already have a sub so that is good to go!

kane, i need to speak with brian, i have some questions to ask him that will decide exactly how the upgrade is done if it is done.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Your mom couldn't resist.

lol.

+1 Nice! LOL
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...