Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default kicker hlcd's on the way

I have a pair of kicker hlcd's on the way and am wanting to use the amp I already have for the remainder of the summer. I will purchase a new amp next season. The amp I have now has the following specs.

125 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
    150 watts x 2 into 2 ohms
    250 watts x 1 into 4 ohms bridged

If im running each setup at 2ohms will the 150 split between one driver and tweeter at 75 each be enough to get me till the end of the summer?

Thanks

I have them. They sounds awsome and project very far and very clear. I was pretty amazed. I guess kicker kicked it up a notch. I'm running them with a Kicker ZXM 350.4 and the cabin and sub with the ZXM 700.5. Love the whole set up. You won't regret is. It won't drain your waller and will sound very good. Good luck with the install, if you need any pointers don't hesitate

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    I have a pair of kicker hlcd's on the way and am wanting to use the amp I already have for the remainder of the summer. I will purchase a new amp next season. The amp I have now has the following specs.

125 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
    150 watts x 2 into 2 ohms
    250 watts x 1 into 4 ohms bridged

If im running each setup at 2ohms will the 150 split between one driver and tweeter at 75 each be enough to get me till the end of the summer?

Thanks
    I gather you have the 4 pod setup since you state "pair" on the way. Each horn/mid will be a 4 ohm load at the amp, so each "side" will receive 125W from your current amp. You would need to add in the extra mid for the 6 pod setup to have a 2 ohm load at the amp.

Bringing up an old thread of mine. I am ready to buy a new amp for the tower speakers. I have the kicker hlcd setup. Would it be better to run the kicker zxm350.4 or the 450.2 with these speakers? Now I only have 125x2 @ 4 ohms. Will i notice much of a difference?

There are pros and cons to each route here.

I prefer the zx450.2 running at 4 ohm per chnl and it would give you the option to add the extra mids later for the 6-pod setup. The zx350.4 bridged into 2 chnl mode has all 4 chnls running @ 2 ohm.

I like the 175W from the zx350.4. I dont think you are going to really notice a difference in overall volume between the 125W your current setup is receiving and the 150W that the zx450.2 would deliver, but I think you will notice the difference between the the current 125W and the 175W with the zx350.4 bridged into 2 chnl mode.

If you really want to push them, check out the IX500.4. 250W rms to each side when run in bridge mode. For the same Kicker MAP as the zx350.4, the DX400.4 would deliver 200W to each side when bridged into 2 chnl mode.

The 450.2 is a pretty strong amp for hlcds. I got it from mandley and powered my krypt 6.5 pretty well.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'm running the zx 650.4 bridged to a six pack. I was running it last year to just the 6500.2 and it was plenty power to overdrive them. The nice thing is now that I want to run the six pack I didn't have to upgrade my amp and it will still run them at a 4ohm load. I'm pretty pumped to get it all up and running this year.

See my attached link with the conversation with Phil.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....=Kicker+6500.2
    Last edited by New Guy; 04-17-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Hey Mark - how do you have that 650.4 mounted? That thing is really long - wouldn't work with my current amp board setup.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Yeah that and the 700.5 are huge. It was ridiculous to get them mounted in the small OBV. I'll grab some pics tonight.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Berg see the other thread. I wont hyjack anymore. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....=Kicker+6500.2
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"