Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shred Stixx or Lake Wakes

I'm looking at either the Shred Stixx Thresher or the LakeWakes 4.8. Any insight as to the better board? I know the SS is a bit more, but if it's a better board I don't mind paying the difference. Looks like there is no longer a Moomba discount with LW - the price listed on the site is what it is. It's a dang good price, though if I'm spending $400 plus I'd rather get the better board from the get go, whichever it may be. I know several of you have both or have ridden both, so I want to hear the reviews.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Go with the Shredd Stixx.

Jerry Price has been surfing the west coast and designing boards for a hell of a long time now.

If he doesn't personnaly like the design and shape of the board, it doesn't get made.

He also has a stable of team riders whose reputations depend on Jerry's designs.

Jerry has also donated a couple of boards to the Florida Skiers Choice Supra/Moomba Owners Reunions, that were raffled off to a couple of lucky Supra and Moomba Owners.

We should support those who support us!!
    Last edited by SC Ink; 07-17-2011 at 01:33 PM.

no comment on the shred stixx-never been on one.

Love my Lake Wakes boards, fast and fun, hand made and at a good price.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

tell me the name of a well known pro surfer who endorses Lake Wakes, and I'll change my opinion.

Untill then, I think the only folks who promote Lake Wakes are the friends of the guy who makes them, and I don't think they know the difference between a board made for a professional and one made for a weekend warrior.
    Last edited by SC Ink; 07-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.

ok, I'm a weekend warrior. Not a pro and dont want to be a pro.

Met the builder a couple times--true.

What difference does it make whether a pro endorce's or not--usually they are getting a kickback of some kind for there endorcement--Im not-just a lowly little weekend warrior who enjoys his board.

Best advise is try and demo all the ones your considering. If your in florida I'd be happy to give you a pull on my Pirate board (named for the custom graphics) behind the my LSV
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

the difference is TL7 states: "I'd rather get the better board from the get go"

and there ain't no question that the Shredd Stixx IS the better board.

It's been tested and tested and has won many a tournament, resulting in some big checks for the guys who ride them.

Perhaps Lake Wakes may be there one day, but they ain't there yet.

Truth is - just like anything else in this world - you get what you pay for.

and yes - you are just a lowly little weekend warrior who enjoys his board.

I am too.
    Last edited by SC Ink; 07-17-2011 at 05:28 PM.

I question it, but no bigy, just giving my feedback-and that could change if I ride a shred stixx-most likely wont happen and wont make a difference as im no pro.

pirate board is the 3rd from the right
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

nice art work on those boards!

Personally I think Mike Walker employes a better artist.

Jerry Price makes boards that surf well. They aren't meant to be hung on a wall.

Myself and my girl both ride Shred Stixx Thresher. Very fast board and easy to slash the top of the wake. Breaks loose very easy. We ride with the center fin off. It's a very durable board as well. We've been using ours for two full seasons now 3 days per week and not a single ding, dent, or scratch on it. The traction pad is also 100% in perfect condition after two seasons and lots of riding. I weigh 160 and my girl weighs 120 so we are definitely in the weight range of the board. The Thresher is very easy to pump if you fall back far and need to catch back up.

Thanks everyone - especially YDM. I knew you had a Thresher and were hoping you'd chime in. I'm actually heading to Austin this weekend to demo a JaMako and a Thresher. It's just too hard (for me anyway) to justify dropping that kind of $$ without a demo ride. I would imagine LW boards are just fine based on the threads I've seen on here, but I've bought a board before based on reviews (Ginsu) and been disappointed. Now I'm stuck with a board that I will never recoup my money on. My fault, I know, but fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback