Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMatters View Post
    I e-mailed Customer Service at Kicker to ask about replacement Grilles for my Cabin speakers on my 09 outback. 3 of the 6 are cracked, just poor design for where they are placed (on the interior pad rail) on the outback. Meanwhile someone on this forum informed me that the tweeter was in the Grille so no way to replace. I had sent pictures to Kicker so they knew which speakers I had and I expected the same answer. The Guy e-mailed me and said they were all out of speaker grilles and sent me the link to parts.com. There's no way he even looked at the pictures. Poor Customer Service! I'll have to pay to replace them but it wont be with Kickers. Any Suggestions?

Peace
    Darren
    Hey Darren,

Phil here. Sorry, I am just now finding this thread.... The guys are right, I usually just lurk in the Audio Forum..

Holler and ask for Phil White the marine guy. Just call toll-free at 800 256 - 0808.

We have options I want to visit with you about. I don't have anything to hide by having you call instead of using the forum, it is just easier to talk on the phone... I have your e-mail conversation, so I already have your address....

One way or the other, Kicker will take care of ya... give me a shout!

Phil
    Kicker

Actually I just tried to e-mail you too, but the e-mail came back... Weird?

Anyway, call me-

Phil
    Kicker

Default Kicker Customer Service

O.K. O.K. I take it back!!! Phil with Kicker tracked me down after the Customer No service Comment and went over and above to make things right in the speaker situation I had!! Great Guy, Great determination to track me down on my Cell phone. I believe he would have done anything to make it right!

Thanks Phil and Peace!

Darren
    Last edited by FamilyMatters; 07-19-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

Yeah, I have the same issues, Phill can you help me too? I have an Outback (DD) that I bought in the fall of 2010. its a new 08, a dealer leftover. when I got the boat, all grills were fine, now at least 3 are cracked/broken. Not sure what to do. I did buy a kicker 200.2 amp and a kicker KM10 sub and marine box. So pretty loyal to Kicker.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

way to go phil......

sometimes it's who you know
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by usaski1 View Post
    Yeah, I have the same issues, Phill can you help me too? I have an Outback (DD) that I bought in the fall of 2010. its a new 08, a dealer leftover. when I got the boat, all grills were fine, now at least 3 are cracked/broken. Not sure what to do. I did buy a kicker 200.2 amp and a kicker KM10 sub and marine box. So pretty loyal to Kicker.
    Ski-

Quit kicking on the grills maybe?

I kid, but somewhat seriously... What you describe is going to have been caused by "excessive physical interaction between the boat occupants and the speakers" It may have been accidental, but sometimes people accidentally run their motors without oil in them...

Can you get me some pictures?

Now before I sound all like a hardazz, let me tell you that you have recourse. If you bought the boat less than a year ago, you have a Moomba warranty for sure, and the standard course of action is going to be to address the issue at the dealer level first. Give the Moomba warranty procedure a chance to work properly. This is the preferred course of action, as the speakers were equipped with the boat new. Let your dealer look at the speakers and see if they can and will take care of you. If not, get me pictures, (get me pictures anyway), and lets see what we can do to take care of it under Kicker's warranty process.

Either way, we will find a way to take care of you! I just know I gotta not just step all over the Moomba dealer base; some can get territorial and I want to respect the whole system; every Moomba dealelr is basically a Kicker dealer and I want to keep everyobdy happy.

Cool?

Let me know-

Phil
    Kicker