Default TSC-55: Problem Identified

I was getting frustrated that the wired remotes didn't work in a flawless manner so I did some investigation and discovered that the issue causing intermittent lack of connection is interference from the in-boat speaker wires. If the Aeware remote wire was shielded this wouldn't be an issue but it is an issue especially at high volumes with more current in the speaker wires which run adjacent to it. I have determined how I will solve this problem but its good to know the issue. Hopefully, this piece of information is useful to others.

Uhh, que us in, how are you going to solve it??!! We all have the same issue too.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

Not sure yet. Either reroute the Remote Wire or Replace it with a Shielded Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by bhowell View Post
    I did some investigation and discovered that the issue causing intermittent lack of connection is interference from the in-boat speaker wires. If the Aeware remote wire was shielded this wouldn't be an issue but it is an issue especially at high volumes with more current in the speaker wires which run adjacent to it.
    Could you tell us where you found this info? I am interested in this as well as my remotes only work intermittently.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Could you tell us where you found this info? I am interested in this as well as my remotes only work intermittently.
    Trial and error on my own system. I knew that my remotes were more prone to be unresponsive at high volumes so played with the system at various volume levels and confirmed that the remote worked perfectly a lower volumes and deteriorated at higher levels. This lead me to believe that there was some kind of interference from volume (current in speaker wires). Then I adjusted the system to only play from the Tower and Sub and my remotes worked flawlessly at all volume levels. After this I crawled in the storage area behind the observer seat and confirmed that the inboat speaker wires are bundled with the remote wire. Based on that, I determined that the inboat speaker wires are what is causing the interference.

I would appreciate it if you could try and duplicate my results to see if this is truly the problem.

Thanks for the additional info. What path does the remote wire take from the head unit to the helm remote? Does it go around the bow?

At this point, I have replaced all the stock speaker wires so I am not sure if the remote wire is running adjacent to any speaker wires. I may re run the remote wire thru the ski locker and see if that fixes the issue.

I did add a second JL Audio line driver this week and noticed that all of a sudden, the remote started working again. Not sure why that is as I didn't do anything that would affect the remote (or at least don't think it would affect the remote).

I will do some testing and see what I find out.

Thanks again.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    What path does the remote wire take from the head unit to the helm remote? Does it go around the bow?
    I'm not sure of the full route. I am still using the stock speaker wires which go into a loom near the head unit (after connecting with the speaker wire from the amp) with the Remote wire them that large loom splits with the larger portion headed towards the bow and a smaller portion towards the back. I will take a closer look this weekend when I see the boat again.

Mine worked fine until today. the only thing that I changed was I installed the Kicker ZXM-RLC in place of my PAC that I had controlling the volume level of my towers. Now neither the helm nor the transom remotes work hardly at all. Every once in a while it would maybe bring the volume up one or two notches but by the end of the day neither were working at all. I checked the wire while on the water and the connection was fine. I have no idea why it won't work now...pretty frustrating to say the LEAST! Pretty much went the whole day without tunes.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...