Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gator Grip

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    usaski1-if you go to the hydroturf website, they will send you some samples for free if you request them (or they used to, not sure if they still do). They have lots of options for colors and textures. Check this thread for some pics of mine.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....adek+hydroturf

Also you will want to make a template before you pull the old stuff off, it will stretch and deform.
    I tried contacting them twice to request some samples to no avail. Went with seadek instead. Higher price but They are johnny on the spot and good quality.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Does anyone have any pictures of using gator grip? How easy was it to cut to size etc. Looking for a cheaper alternative to seadek.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

I'll try to take some this weekend.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

So does seadek have a template that I could give a try? How much for this any how?
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

WaterBull, I don't think that seadek has actual templates, but if you have a model boat that they make the custom ones for you can look at the measurements here: http://www.seadekstore.com/moomba.aspx

$240 is a little steep for us, but for $140 you can just buy a large pad and cut it to size: http://www.seadekstore.com/largeshee...x77in-5mm.aspx
    We were planning to make a template out of paper or something similar and then cut it to size.

For $100 we can get gator grip from wakejunky.com which is even a better deal. In my opinion it doesn't look quite as nice unless you get black, which I have been told to stay away from at all costs. We will likely go with this option in the white/gray depending on the feedback we ge
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V

I've seen/felt both side by side and would suggest that you save some pennies and get the seadek.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_8099 View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures of using gator grip? How easy was it to cut to size etc. Looking for a cheaper alternative to seadek.
    I have had both. Put the Seadek on the LSV and have been extremely happy with it. It's worth the money. I did put the gator grip on the platform of my Outback a couple of years ago. I was happy with the result. I removed the old stuff and cleaned it. Then, on the living room floor, I laid out the gator grip and traced the platform on the back side of it. You can cut it with a big scissors. Practice on an edge so you get the feel of it before you cut the real thing. Tape one end in place then peel the back of the other end and stick it down. Remove the tape on the first end and stick that down. Get it right the first time-- you only get one chance.

I'm sorry but I could only find one pic that even shows my gator grip. It's on the navy blue outback behind Moombadaze in this pic from the Tampa Jam in 2009. It is gray and white and matched the interior very well:

My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

i put gator grip on the deck and a couple spots on the gunwale. has been on our 08 lsv for almost 3 years and very happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Thanks for all the info and pictures. I love the white/blue on yours yearround, it matches great. I don't think they offer any different color combinations anymore...at least on wakejunky.com
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V

Ordered some of this stuff today. I rode in an X-Star over the weekend that had this on the gunwales and to protect the transom. Looked and felt pretty good. The $100 price is also MUCH better than the $240 and up to 5 week delivery time for Seadek. I have already pulled my old mat off so I will use that was my template. With the factory mat off it made me realize how much better a solid black swim deck looks with my black accent color than the gray it came with or the gray I would've gotten from SeaDek. I just hope the black won't eventually lead to the notorious black marks that the old Moomba pads had. Mine is kept in covered storage safe from the elements so hopefully that will help keep it good. I just hope it doesn't peel back like the SeaDek and factory mat did.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...