Thread: Tower Lighting

Default Tower Lighting

I am interested in installing tower lights on my V2 Tower. I am 6'1" tall and dont want to use the cross bar to install them on seeing that I already have to duck under the tower. The tower has 4 pre-drilled mounts on the sides. I am gonna purchase 2 exile speakers for the upper 2 mounts but I was wondering if anyone knew of any lights that are made for the other 2 mounts. Maybe with front and back facing lights for each side. This would be good for me seeing that they wont be overhead and I wont hit my head on them, also I think they would look super clean on the sides directly underneath the speakers.

Also, on the subject of wiring, should I wire them into the accessory switch or docking light switch. My boat only came with one extra accessory switch and I wanted to save that for the extra amps on the boat. When sitting at the beach, I want to be able to shut the cabin speakers off and save some power seeing that they aren't loud enough to hear when more than 20 feet away from the boat. I will use the tower speakers for that.

Let me know!
    -Tyler G-
    Gilbert,AZ

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV
    -Gravity 3 Ballast System
    -Wakeplate
    -6 Kicker Speakers
    -4 Channel Kicker Amp

Looking to upgrade stereo soon!!!!
    THANKS ACTION WATER SPORTS AZ!!!!!

You will probably have to have custom mounts made for lights to attach to the tower mounts. Do not wire into the docking lights unless you want to burn the circuit. Use a relay along with new wiring to the accessory switch, make sure its fused.
    2007 Mobius LSV

What kind of lights are you wanting? Bright halogens to see at night or courtesty lights to provide a boat glow at night?

I would not wire halogens into an existing circuit. I have a switch mounted and hidden under my steering wheel to control mine. My "courtesy" sytle tower lights are tied in with the courtesy switch.

As far as control boat speakers seperate from the tower, have you considered using something like the Wetsounds 420 or Krypt 4200. They allow you to control the two zones independently. If that is more than you are wanting to spend then you could put a PAC LC1 knob on the RCA's going to the in boat speakers. Then you could turn the cabin volume down when you don't need it.

It is nice to be able to control the volume of the in boats, both for when you are riding and at party cove. The options above give you level control opposed to just on/off. Something to think about.

You might check some threads over on Malibu as i bet most of the aftermarket parts for their towers fit yours.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default lights for 2011 LSV

Let me know how this works maybe even pics. I have a 2011 LSV with V2 tower and am wanting some tower lights also. Thanks Landon
    2011 Moomba LSV