Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Possibly out for the season

Well guys, looks like this guy, yeah this one right here, is done for the season. I took a real hard fall on Friday night on the water. Here's the story.

Thursday night, we went out with my buddy Edgar Perez, who's a pro wakeskater. He gave me tips on how to get more air on my W2W's because I was landing so far in the flats it's rediculous. So he let me out to 80 ft rope instead of 75. That felt amazing and I had so much height I freaked out some. haha! So The night ended Thursday on a good note. Friday, me and some friends decided to go riding again. Well, I threw a huge W2W and when I landed, I landed with the right knee locked. I felt it hyper-extend and knew something was immediately wrong. After sitting on the back of the boat throbbing around in pain, and even punching my buddy (who let me by the way), all I asked where the pictures were, and who's next?! haha!

I put ice on the knee but the swelling got so big that at dark, I told everyone I hated to be a party pooper for the night time throwdown, but I had to go get my leg looked at.

Turns out, I fractured my tibia plateau, and possibly slightly tore my ACL. That we do not know for sure yet until the MRI is done. The reason we say slightly tore is because my knee is still in place, my leg has almost full mobility, other than the fluid in my knee right now. So we shall see!

This is the second bone of MINE this board/bindings has broken, 3rd person it's injured in general. Is this a sign?!

My motto is staying as this - Go big and to the hospital, or go home!

Here's my W2W at 80 ft now. Granted, this is not the best one, I was quite worn out and tired at this point.
    Last edited by sicktc06; 07-13-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

now that sucks man!!! my first set of the year i sprained my ankle on a tantrum attempt... back foot released on the landing and the front stayed in.... i'm going to start surfing again this weekend but will prolly have to hold off another week before boarding again.

hope its a quick recovery!!!

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Another one here in the sprained ankle camp. Crashed a 360 attempt a few weeks ago, immediate pain. I feel for ya. Hope the healing goes well!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Going big and landing in the flats is cool every now and then but it takes a toll. I ride short line and just concentrate on learning jumps to land on the downside of the second wake. Granted a lot of jumps require landing in the flats but I'm not at that level. Good luck on the recovery.

Another one on the injured list. About 3 weeks ago hit a w2w and don't remember anything else. Landed top of the wake and fell backwards, blacked out, felt like my head popped off my shoulder, and ripped my stomach muscles. Wish a speeded recovery to everyone.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Sorry to hear that man! Sucks bad but you definitely don't want to mess around with knee problems that could haunt you the rest of your life. I spent this last Christmas in the hospital with a 3rd repeat of a knee injury and got the riot act (again) from the doctors. Ended up with an antibiotic line being run through my left bicep up into my chest to drip right above my heart for about a week.

Surfing is more and more inviting, or should I say less and less painful!

Hope you recover soon.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I too can relate to the knee injury!
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12244

You reference the board, what are you riding?
    2013 Outback V

sorry , that sucks.....

ps how fast were you riding at 80 feet?

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    sorry , that sucks.....

ps how fast were you riding at 80 feet?

Thanks guys! I'm hopping around but my spirits aren't dampened! I might not ride the board anymore though... At least, THAT board. LOL!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by harmsway View Post
    Another one on the injured list. About 3 weeks ago hit a w2w and don't remember anything else. Landed top of the wake and fell backwards, blacked out, felt like my head popped off my shoulder, and ripped my stomach muscles. Wish a speeded recovery to everyone.
    I did that last year. Heelside diggers hurt