Thread: Lsv wave makers

Default Lsv wave makers

So i have been messing around with weight and pretty happy with the wave but was curious if anyone has sat a sac on the swimplatform... i seem to get the best wake with all the weight towards the rear.... even a little better than the pics attached.... In the attached pics I got 1100 in rear surf side 200 opposite rear(anymore i started to wash out), 400 in the ski locker, 600 IBS and 2 400 pound bags on the surf side(one on seat and one on floor)
    wakeplate all the way up and cruising at 10.7

looks fantastic to me.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    looks fantastic to me.
    thx. i am happy but was curious as to slapping a 400 pounder on the surf side swim platform.. was wondering if that would be to much weight for the platform..

Wow! and you said I have a nice wave. That is awesome. Much more length than mine.

I'm not sure what the swim platform is rated for, but I know it doesn't scream with 4 adults sitting on it, gotta be 500 lbs plus, but of course that is sitting still.

I think I'm going to add the bow sac this winter. I'm also planning up a platform project if all goes well.
    07 Mobius LSV

I'd be carefull about answering this question on the internet!

If you ever run into platform bracket issues and then try to get warranty service...kiss your chances of that happening bye - bye!

Personally, I think your asking for trouble on weighting the platform and then dragging it submerged thru the water

yeah i figured it could be a warranty disaster, but was curious if they have ever posted a weight limit on the platform?

came across this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....latform&page=3

looks like a 400 lber could be possible

Hey everyone, if you research my posts on this forum, you will see what happened to me with my brackets and platform in my boat. Disaster. I have had one heck of a time dealing with SC; however, they have fully reimbursed me for the repairs and damage to my boat. Just be careful with the weight that you put inside. With my new platform and the new brackets with reinforcements, I usually surf with 2500lbs on the surf side and none in the ski locker and opposite rear. Very big wave, very similar to what you have in the pic. It's crazy, but I have not seen a boat on the water yet, that puts out a bigger and nicer wave than my LSV.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    325 Indmar
    2 SONY 12" XPLOD Subs
    10 Kenwood 6.5"
    2 SONY 600W amps

Wakesurfing is way better than...

In my experience more is not always better. We have adjusted things quite a bit over the years as well.
    We use the stock 400 full in the front, and a 750 in the locker side we are surfing. All passengers also sit on surf side.
    I would be very cautious about any weight on platform (see thread about platform ripping off).
    You have a nice looking wave, but not much different than a fraction of that weight.
    Just my two cents! Have a blast, that's what it is all about!
    love each day...

2006 Mobius LSV
    1996 Chevy Suburban 2500