Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default speakers on top or under tower??

When I bought my boat it had the speakers on top of the tower. It looks kind of goofy but after hitting my head on other peoples speakers I was glad they were on top! Now That I blew them and have Some Samson S7HD (exile XM7) on the way, Should I mount them on top or under the tower. I already have holes drilled in the top of the tower, and have 4 XM7s coming tomorrow.

Where should I mount them.

2006 Outback V, Alpine CDA-118M, 2 alpine MC20's, Polk Cabins, 2 Exile XM7s 2 SXT65s (tower), Memphis Mojo 12" Sub in custom downfiring ported box, Kicker 2500.1, Exile Harpoon, JL M6450, WS-420.

Acme 1433, 750lbs Sacs in Rear, GG 1180 (fills to about 700) Sac in Center Locker, 650 lbs Nose bag.

PP Stargazer

My vote is below

On bottom unless you are going stupid big and putting some on top and bottom.

Just my opinion of course
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Under. Having them on-top looks ridiculous!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I agree it looks much better having it under the tower but the speakers hang SO LOW. My head is just under the tower so the speakers would be to my chest. How do people walk around in the boat???

Does anyone have a pic of someone standing in the boat??
    2006 Outback V, Alpine CDA-118M, 2 alpine MC20's, Polk Cabins, 2 Exile XM7s 2 SXT65s (tower), Memphis Mojo 12" Sub in custom downfiring ported box, Kicker 2500.1, Exile Harpoon, JL M6450, WS-420.

Acme 1433, 750lbs Sacs in Rear, GG 1180 (fills to about 700) Sac in Center Locker, 650 lbs Nose bag.

PP Stargazer

I don't think it would look too bad on your boat if you mounted them in the corners, one on the horizontal bar and one on the vertical bar so they kind of meet in the corner...

but my vote is still on bottom

The Exile line has an extremely low hang height. They are very tight to the tower, I have never had anyone come close to hitting mine. I'll try and get a pic of someone in the boat this week if no one else puts one up for you.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

How thick is your skin when it comes to sarcasm and smack talk?

Since you've had yours on top you're sorta used to it already and the holes are already there like you said. Try 'em on top to start. Would be easy enough to swap if change your mind. On the flip side if you start them on the bottom and don't like it, you made new holes you didn't need.

I'm tall too and usually have a few good collisions with mine that leave me cursing but I live with it and relearn to duck each year. My preference is on the bottom but mine started there.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Under. Having them on-top looks ridiculous!
    I completely agree!
    2013 Outback V

Under. The exile and bullet speakers have a very low profile for speakers there size.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV