Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Support for Wakeboard tower when folded down?

Support for Wakeboard tower when folded down?

I have a New Dimensions tower that I have to take down every time I put it in my shore station.

Has anyone come up with a support bracket that rests on the front of the bow that the folded down tower can rest on?

Also does anyone else have any ideas for this.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris
    Red/White 2005 Outback

I just built a cube out of thick plywood, and put the squishy kids play-mat stuff on the top and bottom with liquid nails. It has done the trick for me.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Guy i bought my 06LSV from made one out of King Starboard. It has a notch to go around the rope attach point on tower and rests on the cover over the trans/vdrive area. I'll try to take pics and post later..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by ducatichris View Post
    Support for Wakeboard tower when folded down?

I have a New Dimensions tower that I have to take down every time I put it in my shore station.

Has anyone come up with a support bracket that rests on the front of the bow that the folded down tower can rest on?

Also does anyone else have any ideas for this.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris
    Red/White 2005 Outback
    I know your tower is different than mine but for those with 2006+ LSV's, I made a real simple stand out of scrap wood I had lying around. That was over 4 years ago and I still use it today. Here's a link.

Al

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ht=tower+stand
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Not for a new dimension, but for our standard xtp forward folding towers, the tower resting on the fiberglass was issue #1 to solve. SO I did something real simple, and almost un-noticible. I went to home depot, bought a 2 foot piece of clear vinyl tubing cut it in half, prob cut it down to a foot, and use 2 white zip ties to tie it to the tower. Sure I wish the zip ties were clear, but it works, and doesn't look that bad. Now when the tower is down, I can even drive the boat, and not worry about it bouncing too much because its hitting the vinyl, not the fiberglass. (and sometimes I do just drive the boat with the tower down, thats the boat in "slalom" mode. ) "
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

We did something similar to usask1, used nerf padding that my neighbor had left over from his hot rod for roll bars, and Velcro straps to hold it on...nice thing is the padding is yellow and straps black which match the boat perfectly. Only use when storing now but works great.
    2008 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by usaski1 View Post
    Not for a new dimension, but for our standard xtp forward folding towers, the tower resting on the fiberglass was issue #1 to solve. SO I did something real simple, and almost un-noticible. I went to home depot, bought a 2 foot piece of clear vinyl tubing cut it in half, prob cut it down to a foot, and use 2 white zip ties to tie it to the tower. Sure I wish the zip ties were clear, but it works, and doesn't look that bad. Now when the tower is down, I can even drive the boat, and not worry about it bouncing too much because its hitting the vinyl, not the fiberglass. (and sometimes I do just drive the boat with the tower down, thats the boat in "slalom" mode. ) "
    Wow you drive with the tower down???

Thanks everyone for the suggestions please email me pics of your solutions to
    [email protected]

Thanks again.

Chris

I have the forward folding tower as well. I lower mine to get the boat in garage then suspend it by two heavy duty hooks in my ceiling. When I left the tower resting on the bow my kids kept bumping into the tower/racks. I then used 2x4's to hold it up, but again was worried the kids would knock that out of place. The hooks screwed right into my ceiling joists and hold well over 100lbs. The hooks are shaped like a letter L and are real heavy duty. Bought them at Lowes.
    2008 Outback

I have the rear folding tower and it just rests on the cover. Probably not good for the cover tho
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I have the rear folding tower and it just rests on the cover. Probably not good for the cover tho
    Def not good for the cover! I made a support for the LSV by taking a 10' 4x4 and cutting 8" off each end. I screwed the 8" sections under the 4x4 lengthwise at each to make "feet" and covered the whole mess with bunk carpet.

Once the boat is covered i place this over the cover with only the feet resting on the gunwales. The tower arms and main section rest on the board perfectly and no stress on the cover. It has worked fine for three years now.
    2007 Mobius LSV