Default buying a new house

well, time to begin the next phase of this thing called life...

put in an offer on a short sale here 6 weeks ago, and there's got to be another reason why they call it a short sale, cause it isn't. house was amazing. 1700sqft 6 year old with a 1000sqft 4car garage and a rear door to a pad out the back. well.... after 6 weeks of waiting for wells fargo to make up their mind, I am one of the 53% locally that don't complete a short sale purchase and successfully offered on a conventional sale and got it
    1500asf 3bed/2ba 3car garage in an established quiet neighborhood. east facing back yard with a useless common area behind it that no one will ever use, so basically no rear neighbors... owned since new 10 years ago by a retired lady. needs some freshening up as her taste is not mine, but that comes with time...

pretty excited for the home inspection this week and hopefully closing on the 5th. it'll be the least "upgraded" home I have lived in throughout the last 15 years, but funny what divorce does to ya.....

realtor got tired quickly of showing houses. first place I headed on every one was the garage to tape it off. if they didn't have a 24ft bay, we walked.

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Looks like a great place, congrats!

Looks great, can't wait to see more pics. I love that garage!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Congrats SandM! Gotta love that big garage.

I've been starting to look in my neck of the woods as well. Been renting for the last 1.5yrs since the dv and have had enough. Prices around here continue to fall to the point that I can now basically buy a bigger house than what I'm in now and pay less for mortgage/tax/everything than I do in rent.

Place I'm eyeballing has an average garage but a nice big sideyard that would be ripe for a garage addition - like a 30ft deep bay!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

short sales take forever.... soemtimes up to 3 or 4 months depending on the banks and how bad your area is suffering.... looks like a great place hope you get it...

Scott. congrats looks great. love the extra bay.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I put in my offer on 9 Oct, I got "approved" for the short sale on 17 April, and then closed on 7 May. I had time and it didn't really matter to us about how long, but most people aren't in that position.

Funny thing, the realtor told us " be ready to close in a week" when we put the offer in on the "approved short sale".

I could not have afforded a house in my neighborhood if not for "short sale" (or half price homes as I see it).
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Congrats!

If you are looking for an 'insiders opinion' on the mortgage stuff just let me know, as that's what I do for a living. I'll be glad to review and make sure everything is on the level.

I'll also be happy to quote what I can offer ya (or anyone else for that matter )

Regarding Short Sales - there is nothing more frustrating than involving another bank into an already complex transaction. They generally take quite a while for sure, and the best part is that once the sellers bank approves (usually after weeks and months), they want to close instantly. The world in which we live!
    2013 Outback V

Looks good man ... Hope you get it!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded