Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

After talking with David on batteries I went with a single Deka 31 agm battery for my system. I don't blast music long periods nor do we float forever either. So far up to 95 degrees with three Exile amps without issues. Stayed with a standard group 24 for the cranking battery. When off the lake they are maintained by a ProMariner ProSport 20.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Ok I am thinking 2 group 29 batteries for the stereo since we do park at the island and jam sometimes and maybe a group 24 deep cycle for starting. Now are the Deka AGM batteries more or less than the Optima? And I may do one optima stereo battery now and another in a few months.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Ok I am thinking 2 group 29 batteries for the stereo since we do park at the island and jam sometimes and maybe a group 24 deep cycle for starting. Now are the Deka AGM batteries more or less than the Optima? And I may do one optima stereo battery now and another in a few months.
    I would recommend trying to get all of your batteries in the future all the same type, as the Prosport20 Charger (if you are getting one in the future) are designed to charge batteries of same type (Flooded(lead-acid)/STD AGM, GEL & High Performance(HP) AGM) if that makes sense, I'm not talking about "groups" as types... but what do I know, lol

It sounds like you are, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

I would agree that all batteries should be the same chemistry whether wet or AGM. Some of the more expensive chargers, like Xantrex for example, provide for independent profiles per bank. Its certainly less critical relating to your alternator since there is going to be a large inequity between the two banks regardless. Its just an inherent flaw in boat dual bank charging systems you cannot get around unless you have dual alternators.
    But, once you parallel two or more batteries for your stereo bank that are always used and charged the same, all batteries should be identical in size, type and in particular their age. With battery usage the internal resistance will change. Mixing different ages will create over/under charging which is hard on the longevity of all the batteries within that bank, old and new. So, do your best to set your plan in the beginning and stick with it. There are worse things that you can do but try and avoid adding additional batteries to an aged bank.
    Also, having extra capacity means that you are not cycling your batteries as deeply. Although deep cycle batteries are meant for this you can get an inordinate number of shallower cycles out of a battery versus a comparatively fewer deeper cycles. Its not an equitable ratio. So having extra capacity will significantly extend battery longevity.

David
    Earmark Marine

For what it's worth I called ProMariner before purchasing the ProSport and they did tell me it's perfectly fine to run an agm and lead acid together as the the standard profile supports both those types. And as the only time they should be combined is in an emergency start situation there's no issue running two types. IF you have your isolation done correctly that is.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    For what it's worth I called ProMariner before purchasing the ProSport and they did tell me it's perfectly fine to run an agm and lead acid together as the the standard profile supports both those types. And as the only time they should be combined is in an emergency start situation there's no issue running two types. IF you have your isolation done correctly that is.
    razz, how much did the deka agm set you back? more or less than an optima blue top/
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    razz, how much did the deka agm set you back? more or less than an optima blue top/
    I got it local for $160
    2007 Mobius LSV

Not sure what you guys are runnin but my kicker 750mx and 500ix were blasting all day long and for fun I took my voltmeter to the boat a good 15 mins after stopped and both batts were at 13.05 volts. If I played any louder I was afraid someone was going to call the OPP on me. Interstate batts only. I'm liking the class D ix . Plus it was 100degrees today and no shut downs or overheatys
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Not sure what you guys are runnin but my kicker 750mx and 500ix were blasting all day long and for fun I took my voltmeter to the boat a good 15 mins after stopped and both batts were at 13.05 volts. If I played any louder I was afraid someone was going to call the OPP on me. Interstate batts only. I'm liking the class D ix . Plus it was 100degrees today and no shut downs or overheatys
    What are you running with your ix500?
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Kicker HLCD tower speakers with a. WS420 and a H S E revolution
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug