Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bhowell View Post
    Not sure how long but I would estimate 2 hours of continuous play (beached) at 90% of max volume with it around 100 degrees to get the Harpoon to go into protect mode. The 800.4 and the 1500.1 haven't overheated yet. Also none of the amps are set to set to max capacity (probably 80%).
    ok so mine at about 50% volume cut off in about half an hour of non continuous play. and they all three do it, the harpoom, the 800.4, and the 600.1. never happened until last weekend.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

There's got to be something in your wireing or settings because even last year at 104 I was pounding mine all day never an issue. I'd have to say if all three are shutting down it's the deck over heating not your amps. The 800 isn't een starting to work just pushing cabins my 800 isn't even at 50% gain and it can over power my exile cabins.

Running the Hybrid tower it takes about 4 hours to overheat the Poon but if I just mute the tower when someone falls or when not pulling people I never have an issue. Also my cubby is full of back packs and towels so very little free air
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'm running a memphis 1100 watt at 1Ohm to a kicker solobaric 12 and then a kicker 500.4 to the 6500.2 tower setup. Kcker cabins and a 4 channel/80w. I felt Davids amps and they were so damn hot you couldn't keep your hand on them for more than a second. I don't crack the cushions or open the port locker and mine don't get near that temp. I'm running the 2 battery setup with perko, 4 gauge main to memphis distribution block, 4gauge power and ground to all 3 amps.

Quote Originally Posted by matt75 View Post
    I'm running a memphis 1100 watt at 1Ohm to a kicker solobaric 12 and then a kicker 500.4 to the 6500.2 tower setup. Kcker cabins and a 4 channel/80w. I felt Davids amps and they were so damn hot you couldn't keep your hand on them for more than a second. I don't crack the cushions or open the port locker and mine don't get near that temp. I'm running the 2 battery setup with perko, 4 gauge main to memphis distribution block, 4gauge power and ground to all 3 amps.
    My amps are very hot to the touch as well. Definitely, can't keep my hand on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    There's got to be something in your wireing or settings because even last year at 104 I was pounding mine all day never an issue. I'd have to say if all three are shutting down it's the deck over heating not your amps. The 800 isn't een starting to work just pushing cabins my 800 isn't even at 50% gain and it can over power my exile cabins.

Running the Hybrid tower it takes about 4 hours to overheat the Poon but if I just mute the tower when someone falls or when not pulling people I never have an issue. Also my cubby is full of back packs and towels so very little free air
    i never use my "deck" so i dont think that is the issue. plus the amps dont just all turn off at once, one will shut down, then 5-10 min later another, then another. nothing in my wiring has changed over the last two weeks.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    For the record, no arc or vsr. 2 batteries, one starting which I ave known is going bad and one accessory/stereo. No shore charger.
    I think the battery is the issue. You've got three pretty big amps running off one battery that never gets shore charged, so the only charge it gets is from the alternator. The stock alternator does not have enough output to replenish what your amps are drawing from your battery especially if you are also running the stereo with the engine off. So every time you go out, your stereo battery is getting more and more drained.

So I think your amps are shutting down because they are not getting enough voltage which I think is also causing them to get hot.

I am sure the experts will chime in but I think this is the problem.

I have the same amps as you except I have a JL M6600 instead of the Exile 800.4. I have two stereo batteries rated 125AH each and a ProMariner 20 amp charger and charge my batteries after every use and my amps never shut down or get unusually hot. I know that not everyone has 120V AC available where they store their boat - I am fortunate enough to be able to store mine in my garage.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

This is what I am thinking as well. I think I am going to go with two blue tops and a yellow top along with a pro20 shore charger but I want to make sure this will fix my problem before I spend a grand on all this.
    David

Save yourself some coin, go to Costco, they have group 27 Batteries with a 115 a/h rating. I'm running 3 of them with my system + a separate crank battery.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Save yourself some coin, go to Costco, they have group 27 Batteries with a 115 a/h rating. I'm running 3 of them with my system + a separate crank battery.
    +1! I went with two Group 29 marine deep cycles from Walmart for my stereo bank, 125 AH, $85 each.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    This is what I am thinking as well. I think I am going to go with two blue tops and a yellow top along with a pro20 shore charger but I want to make sure this will fix my problem before I spend a grand on all this.
    I agree with the other comments about not spending the extra coin on Blue Tops. I have 3 in my stereo bank and I'm not sure it was worth it. I do recommend the Pro20 charger.