Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sad day for my tower speakers

So doing some cleaning, dusting, and getting the boat ready for the lake and i notice im missing one of my Exile emblems.....boo that sucks, then i notice the other speaker ring is cracked ...ugh WTF then upon closer inspection my one SX65 is half delaminated and coming unglued........so my question is anyone else have this problem? speakers are used for 3 very short months up here, stored inside and been installed for a year and a half. i don't know if there is really anything else i could do short of shrink wrapping them during the cooler seasons....maybe.....i'm at a loss Brian...any ideas?
    2010 Outback, minor upgrades and a whole bunch of family fun. Lets Ride

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyl View Post
    So doing some cleaning, dusting, and getting the boat ready for the lake and i notice im missing one of my Exile emblems.....boo that sucks, then i notice the other speaker ring is cracked ...ugh WTF then upon closer inspection my one SX65 is half delaminated and coming unglued........so my question is anyone else have this problem? speakers are used for 3 very short months up here, stored inside and been installed for a year and a half. i don't know if there is really anything else i could do short of shrink wrapping them during the cooler seasons....maybe.....i'm at a loss Brian...any ideas?
    You would be faster to Email exile direct but since you chose the forum I will make the contact for you. Please PM ms your actual name and when you purchased these items and I'll look into out tomorrow
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

so my question is anyone else have this problem
    Over 2 seasons, we saw this with about 50% of the Exile speakers we sold. The glued used to bond the surround to the cone just didnt seem to hold up to the sun or something.

Sorry guys - havent been on here in awhile. Been slammed.

@cowboy - Mike contacted our office today and let Natlie know about your problem. She is going to have our Canadian distributor get ahold of you and find a solution. Send me a email on how that turns out.

@MLA>> Dont be a hater. You sold 5 pair of tower speakers in 2 seasons. Do we need to warranty something for you?

-Brian

do you pull your tower speakers down at the end of the season and store them? i know hash weather like the cold could do work on speakers.
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Sorry that you see truth and accuracy as hating. About half had this problem, the rest had blown drivers or faded pods. Some on more then one occasion.

We sold 6 pairs to be exact.

Thanks for the offer to warranty anything, but all but 2 customers are rock'n a different manufacturer now.

Ah, nothing more entertaining than an online forum

I have all EXILE stuff in my boat for 2 1/2 years now and never had a problem. They even sent me cool stuff after the sale!!!!

MLA- you must be a BIG dealer, I purchased more stuff for my boat then you sold in your entire store!!!! If you have an issue a public forum is not the place to air it out, remember you too can be on the flip side of the crap throwing someday
    REALLY????

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Outback V View Post
    I have all EXILE stuff in my boat for 2 1/2 years now and never had a problem. They even sent me cool stuff after the sale!!!!

MLA- you must be a BIG dealer, I purchased more stuff for my boat then you sold in your entire store!!!! If you have an issue a public forum is not the place to air it out, remember you too can be on the flip side of the crap throwing someday
    I am truly happy to hear that you have had 2.5 years of trouble free use out of your audio equipment. This is what we expect and deserve. Unfortunately, not all Exile customers have had the same experience. I wish you continued success.

To the contrary, I am not a big shop. I am a one man operation but I can assure you with out a doubt, that your assumption on the amount of product I move is WAY off.

You and others may not like to read what I post, but its honest, direct and to the point. Im far from PC and will not apologize for it. I'm a straight shooter here as well as with a customer that im face to face with. The OP asked if anyone had seen this problem and I answered. Sadly, more then once.

Regards,
    Michael

Uh ohhhh!!! Here we go again!

SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...