Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    What did you set on the amps? Change the gain? Change crossovers? Bass Boost?

Phil
    Kicker
    I really don't remember. I was just checking out different settings. I'm not sure what I left the settings at. If you have any recommendations though, I'll take them and start with those.
    2009 Moomba XLV Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by jboardman View Post
    I really don't remember. I was just checking out different settings. I'm not sure what I left the settings at. If you have any recommendations though, I'll take them and start with those.
    What amp?

I will get you the stock configuration we set up for best volume and noise-free operation.

Phil
    Kicker

Pertaining to the Brain Rinse question whether to ground the source unit at the amplifier or battery...
    The most importance relationship to have low resistance and zero potential difference is between the components in the signal path. Everything else is of secondary importance when it comes to noise. Now if the source unit, amplification and batteries are all in the port locker and the connecting gauge of cables and quality of connectors/connections are of very high, it may not make a difference. In many other boats the batteries are in the transom or in a more remote location related to the audio components, so Phil's recommendation becomes an essential practice.

David
    Earmark Marine

What amp?

I will get you the stock configuration we set up for best volume and noise-free operation.

Phil
    Kicker
    It's the ZX200.4 4 channel amp.
    2009 Moomba XLV Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by jboardman View Post
    It's the ZX200.4 4 channel amp.
    Here is my recommended setup thern. This is the factory setup sheet, or was used to create the factory setup sheet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unhappy

Here is my recommended setup thern. This is the factory setup sheet, or was used to create the factory setup sheet.
    Phil,

Do you happen to have one of these factory set up sheets for the 2011 LSV with the MB Quart stereo, two amps, sub, tower speakers, and six boat speakers? I'm currently experiencing hum in the speakers and it's driving me crazy. I believe that my system came from the factoy with one of my RCA cables "Y'd".

Thanks,
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP

Quote Originally Posted by jikemones View Post
    Phil,

Do you happen to have one of these factory set up sheets for the 2011 LSV with the MB Quart stereo, two amps, sub, tower speakers, and six boat speakers? I'm currently experiencing hum in the speakers and it's driving me crazy. I believe that my system came from the factoy with one of my RCA cables "Y'd".

Thanks,
    I can dig it up, but first things first. Re-wire your head unit power wiring to the amplifier as shown in this diagram. Run the red head unit cable through a switch but other wise, take both power wires and the ground wire staright to the amp terminals.

After that, make sure you have not turned the gain controls up. I will dig for the factory sheet.

Phil
    Kicker
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jikemones View Post
    Phil,

Thanks,
    Here are the amp setup sheets

Phil
    Kicker

Thumbs up

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP

If you are getting noise through your speaekrs with the stereo off, your amps are staying on.

If it is a newer boat with Kicker amps, there is a switch on the amp called AUTO TURN ON. Make sure it is in the +12V position. That will prevent the noise when the stereo is off.

If you have not adjusted gains, and noise is getting louder, it usually points to a battery not fully charged, or losing its ability to hold a charge. a battery is very similar to a large capacitor, and as such it does a good job of absorbing some noises. As the battery ages it becomes less effective at it.

Outside of these two items, noise on a boat is most common due to a difference in voltage potential between the amplifier(s) and the head unit. If you re-wire the head unit's power wiring so that it comes from the biggest amplifiers power lugs, most of the time your noises will go away. We have posted this mod several places, so search it out. If you don't find it, post back here, and I cen re-post a pic.

Phil
    Kicker
    Just an update. I set my amp's AutoTurnOn back to the +12V and everything worked great. No feedback noises at all.
    Thanks for all the help.
    2009 Moomba XLV Gravity