Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAKE NORRIS

Default Replying to Topic 'LAKE NORRIS'

Bigger than Dale Hollow, smaller than Cumberland. I quit going to Cumberland because it seemed to be succumbing to the big boats, either large live-aboards or the 70+ MPH Baja's etc. While these are fine, not very condusive to Wake Boarding or Skiing. Norris has the same crystal water as Dale Hollow(which is where I grew up skiing) and much cleaner than Cumberland, although I hear they now require houseboats to have self-contained sewage systems. As I mentioned, the down side of Norris is if you like to camp. Another great lake that is a great place to camp and has awesome water is Laurel, which is in between Cumberland and Norris geographically. Smaller, but I have never seen it crowded, and the camp grounds at The Grove Rec Area are 2nd to none.

Just returned from Norris................it was exactly like you guys said it would be..........camping was not good...........water was awesome. Unfortunately, it rained nearly every day for the week but we still got some great time on the water. I think that for a big lake it has the best water I have ever experienced........well worth trying out for anyone wondering..........thanks for all the information all.........Patrick

Man, we were down there at the same time. Where did you camp? Looking at the picture, I believe we crossed paths on the lake, but I did see a couple other Moomba, so maybe not. Weather did suck, but we were in a condo with a covered slip, and we still got out a minimum of 4 hours each day, and that we only on Wednesday when it rained until about 5. Heading back down in August. Hope its better weather.

We camped at the mountain lake campground which was pretty bad. The marina was not all that great either. After driving up and down the lake we found out that the good locations were on the other side and run by the state (ours was privately owned). I too saw a few Moombas on the water.........blue and grey XLV, a black LSV, and a couple of others that I can't remember the color combos on. We did most of our boarding just down from the dam on the North side..........what boat do you have?

I have a blue 02 Mobius w/04 graphics. You did stay in a pretty bad area. Next time hang out around Sequoyah, Shanghai, or Stardust Marinas. Lots going on there. If you ever want some info on places to stay other than camping, let me know.

Thanks and I will take you up on the offer. My family lives in Louisville and I live in Fayetteville, NC so it was around half way. We are planning on going back there every year to camp. I definitely want to find out more about the better places to stay. Loved the water at the lake. I think you were running around in the same area as we were........at least on wed or thurs.........can't remember which day but I remember seeing a blue Mobius