Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAKE NORRIS

Default LAKE NORRIS

Thinking about a trip to lake Norris meeting my family half way between where I am now and where they are. Anyone wakeboard at Lake Norris.....if so, what about camping? Any suggestions would be appreciated.......thanks in advance.

Default Replying to Topic 'LAKE NORRIS'

LAKE NORRIS TENNESSEE BY THE WAY..SORRY

Never camped there but been there. Beautiful. Big, clean, deep, mountains...you can't beat it.

Thanks for the information. Lake looks great in pictures....

Norris Lake is my destination of choice. Been going there for 10 years. My only complaint is there is really not much camping on the lake. Only one I know of is Andersonville, and it is not very nice. Unless you want to beach your boat, no good place to onload passengers or to park it when you come in for lunch/dinner. There are no docks, the restroom facilities are rough,etc. Cheapest alternative on the lake is at Shanghai Resort, www.shanghairesort.com. Very nice hotel that sits on the lake. $68/night for a room with two queen beds, fridge. Most of the accomodations at Norris are condos/houses. At Shanghai they have uncovered docks available for free that you walk to from the hotel, but I always rent a covered slip for $10/night from the management. Norris has a fantastic array of Marinas, and several of them have theme nights(Carribean night, Wings and Corona night, Karoake, etc). Tons of fun to hit a different one each night. Let me know if you need any other reccomendations.

Tracy

Thanks for all the information! sounds like a great lake to go to. I am contacting my family now to see if they willl stay in a resort...........I actually would like that especially with the covered slips.............thanks again for all the information......Patrick

Hey Patrick, don't let the "resort" thing fool you. Its a marina. Go to the websight and look at it. A resort would be Deerfield, which has the golf course, $1 million homes, etc. Shanghai is nothing of that sort. If you have a bunch of people that are going, that don't mind staying under the same roof, Deerfield or some of the other rentals may be a nice option. Houses range from $200-400 per night, but most have 6-7 bedrooms and are very spacious. All come with private docks, etc.

This is off topic but... How does Lake Norris compare to other lakes in tenn. and ketucky. I go to daleholow and Lake Cumberland every year, and always hear about Norris, and i was just wondering how they compared?

Not sure. I love Dale hollow and Cumberland. I have heard that Norris is one of the best hidden wakeboard lakes out there. Not sure if it will live up to its reputation but I definitely will be posting my opinions after going....

Centerhill Lake on the south side of I-40 is a great wakeboard lake also. Although I haven't had my Outback on it, I have trailered the old run-a-bout over there. Not sure where Cumberland is, but I've been to Dale Hollow. TVA has some nice places.
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!