Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballast Bags

Default Ballast Bags

Ok guys as all of you know I am new to boating.. I am getting better though... Well I think

Here is my new question of the week... I don't use my ballast set up yet and could use the storage in the front.. Should I remove the bags and box them up for a while.. My daughter is wanting to surf But I have read that some people do that with no bags to learn.. Also learning to Wake board.. this way I can get them off the tube more and on to what we bought the boat for..

Help a Brotha out..
    2009 Moomba LSV..Kenwood Head unit Kicker subs and 4 wet Sound tower speakers..3 kicker amps.. Green and Black ( green like the payments black like my eye when i brought it home ) lol J/K

You are definetly gonna want to use ballast when 1st learning to surf.

Takes a bit of experience to go without.

You have the stock 400's or have you upgraded to the larger ones?

With your boat, I would definetly check into getting the 1100's.

Ya know...I wonder if Wakemakers ever re-sold the ones I had.

Might be worth your while checking into that.

In fact, I'll do that for you right now!!

e

Quote Originally Posted by SC Ink View Post
    You are definetly gonna want to use ballast when 1st learning to surf.

Takes a bit of experience to go without.

You have the stock 400's or have you upgraded to the larger ones?

With your boat, I would definetly check into getting the 1100's.

Ya know...I wonder if Wakemakers ever re-sold the ones I had.

Might be worth your while checking into that.

In fact, I'll do that for you right now!!

e
    Thanks Sc-Ed.. LMAO... I also need to upgrade the pump propeller.. Or impeller.. I think the one that drains the bags is messed up..
    2009 Moomba LSV..Kenwood Head unit Kicker subs and 4 wet Sound tower speakers..3 kicker amps.. Green and Black ( green like the payments black like my eye when i brought it home ) lol J/K

For your LSV I wouldn't get the 1100 there just not needed plus you will have to reinforce the engine bay side covers. 400 will do fen for learning on gong or light weight people. I do suggest you get 750s for the rear.

As for not using any bags and bagging them up if you don't connect the bags be sure to shut the main inlet valve off or the center will fill with water over time as it's below the water line. I made this mistake last summer and my bilge was commng on every 5 minutes
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    For your LSV I wouldn't get the 1100 there just not needed plus you will have to reinforce the engine bay side covers. 400 will do fen for learning on gong or light weight people. I do suggest you get 750s for the rear.

As for not using any bags and bagging them up if you don't connect the bags be sure to shut the main inlet valve off or the center will fill with water over time as it's below the water line. I made this mistake last summer and my bilge was commng on every 5 minutes
    What about just removing the center bag..

That's the problem if nothing is connected to the center ones they will leak water as there below the water line. You will have to plug it or just be ok with the bilge running a lot
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

got a note into Jason, but as we all know - it sometimes takes a while for them to get back to us.

you will need the center bag to surf. the more weight up front, the longer back the wave. the more weight in the rear surf corner, the taller the wave.

and as ed pointed out, the weight will def. help you get the surfing thing down. once you have learned, then play around with less weight to work on form, but more weight makes a taller/longer wave and more fun to play around on.
    imo
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Wow! Jason got back to me already.

He said he already sold the bags I had, but give him a call and he will make you a very generous offer on a new set.

Make sure to tell him your the one who spoke with me.

Here's the deal - in my opinion of course....

The LSV's have the room to safely hold the size of the 1100's (compared to the OBV's).

You don't have to fill them to capacity, but it sure is nice to be set up to do so if needed.

Kinda like a midget buying a king size bed...he doesn't need that size, but it sure makes it nice for the little fellow to flop around.

The center is not all that great for storage. It is connected to the bilge and stuff can get nasty up there when you slow down and the bow drops.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!