Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lake Michigan - 4th of July

Took these pics late this afternoon. Given that Lake Michigan is known for being as unforgiving as an ocean, want you to see it also has a gentle side during summer months when the wind is out of the south/southwest. The water lays down flat and is fantastic for boating of all sorts. You can truly head in one direction for mile after mile with great wake/surf/ski/foot water. Water is clean and clear, but cold - so bring a wet suit. It warms up by end of July. These were taken at the Highland Park boat launch, about five miles south of Great Lakes Naval Training Center. We stayed close to home today for the 4th of July parade and cup of coffee w/ good book at Starbucks. Maybe get out on the water next weekend. Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

That's my home lake. Never a problem with wakes or crowds. We were at the southern tip Portage Indiana.

absolutely beautiful- although I'd be tempted to put some downriggers on that supra and catch some salmon
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Used to Jet Ski right around Navy Pier when we lived there....Good Times.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

I went to chicago about two years ago in august and we went out on navy pier and that water looked as rough as the water 100 miles out here in the gulf.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

It really does depend on the wind direction. Headed back in Sept. First trip back in over 5 years.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We used to ride our waverunners/jetskis/seadoos at Lake Street beach in Gary/Portage...best place to ride in my opinion. Can have days like glass, and days with huge swells with north/northeast winds. Most days were chop and weren't to conducive to skiing, wake boarding, etc., but great shoreline south of there, made for some great rides.
    2008 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    It really does depend on the wind direction. Headed back in Sept. First trip back in over 5 years.
    Kane - Dates are in my calendar. Hoping to meet up with you on the 26th. Will reach out to you with a PM as the date draws closer. Day 2 of yor trip I will be on a flight headed out of town. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

If you're working downtown I'd love to grab a beef with you at lunchtime. It's definitely something high on my to do list.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suprahunter View Post
    That's my home lake. Never a problem with wakes or crowds. We were at the southern tip Portage Indiana.
    Supra - I sure hope you and your wife are settle in, enjoying the hospitality of the south, and making the most of boating in a climate with a longer season. Please tell her I said hello. Thanks. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart