Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default sky ski -- too cool

I wish I had tried using hydrofoils years ago. As soon as I’m done riding, I can\'t wait to get back on. My wife and daughter are riding it as well. Once you try one of these you\'ll be hooked. It does not have to be a radical ride; just sailing around at 12 mph can be a lot of fun. I have taught over a dozen people how to ride it and most of them were kids under 14. If you are out with the family skiing, you need one of these toys.

I took a great picture of my daughter riding the foil and sent it into Overtons. Look at the attached picture and compare it to the catalog. My daughter (and me) think it’s pretty cool she’s on the Overton\'s catalog riding a foil.

Captainfun

Default Replying to Topic 'sky ski -- too cool'

Your right.Sky Skiing is a blast.Been doing for about 5 years now.What state are you in.
    John

Hi John,

I from Lockport, Ny, although I do must my water sports in Dorset, Ontario.

What state are you in and have you mastered a flip yet?

Cap-fun

captainfun
    I can do wake back rolls ,gainers,air rolls,and front rolls.If you go to yahoo and join[free]the hydofoil groups.There is alot of people on this list that can help you learning and chances are you can post were you live and there will be someone in your area.I am south of Indianapolis,IN about 35 miles.
    John

Are the skis affected much by rough water since the foil is underwater?
    2006 Outback V

When water skiing or boarding is out of the question due to chop the foil glides over them with easy. I now longer worry about good water conditions.

Capfun

Hi folks,

I'm considering getting a Sky Ski. I've looked at the skyski web site and there are lots of options.

Any tips on what options I should start with? I've done a few years of wakeboarding/skiing/kneeboarding and I'm competent but not amazing at those.

In particular I was wondering if it's worth shelling out for the shock absorber option.

Thanks!
    DB

Hi folks,

I'm considering getting a Sky Ski. I've looked at the skyski web site and there are lots of options.

Any tips on what options I should start with? I've done a few years of wakeboarding/skiing/kneeboarding and I'm competent but not amazing at those.

In particular I was wondering if it's worth shelling out for the shock absorber option.

Thanks!
    DB

PS Sorry if this is a repeat. I'm trying again now that I've registered.

Darren
    What state are you in?The shock tower saves the back for sure.If you are near Indy come on out and I'll give you a pull.
    John

Thanks very much for the kind offer. If I were in the area I'd take you up on it, but I'm way up in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (near Quebec).

Browsing around the skyski web site, things seem to get very expensive very fast if you start assembling your own board. I'm thinking of going for the entry level "Hydro Flite" model. I can't see myself getting more than 5 feet out of the water (being a bit chicken), so I'm not sure if I need the shock-aborber seat. I can't find the exact details but the better seats seem to be close to the price of the Hydro Flite itself!

It's available here for cheaper than on the sky ski site:

http://foil-n.com/proddetail.asp?pro...700&cat=17

Does anybody kow foil-n.com? They're probably respectable, but I've never heard of them before today.