Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default steering wheel not straight.

is it possible that the steering wheel calibration is off. never paid alot of attention to it because it is a wheel. but the boat goes straight with the wheel off by 1/4 turn. could they have put it on wrong at the mfger or is something else wrong? should the tee in the whe be perfectly straight.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    is it possible that the steering wheel calibration is off. never paid alot of attention to it because it is a wheel. but the boat goes straight with the wheel off by 1/4 turn. could they have put it on wrong at the mfger or is something else wrong? should the tee in the whe be perfectly straight.
    the my rudder is perfectly straight the steering wheel is dead level, but when im in the water cruising it is way off, i think this is due to the rotation of the prop. kind of like the way the boat goes left in reverse due to prop rotation, the boat wants to go a certain way and you have to compensate by counter steering. thats my theory anyways
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Joe, mine came from the factory with the steering wheel also not centered. I just removed the wheel and remounted it so it's straight. As rdlangston said, the faster you go, the more you have to turn the wheel to counteract the prop torque so calibrate the wheel going your normal wakeboarding speed.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I have a similar issue on my 2010 LSV. Going straight the cross bar that should be at the bottom is in the 9:00 position. I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the wheel. Just had not gotten that far in the forums yet.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Quote Originally Posted by millerda68 View Post
    I have a similar issue on my 2010 LSV. Going straight the cross bar that should be at the bottom is in the 9:00 position. I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the wheel. Just had not gotten that far in the forums yet.
    Yes. Go 22-23mph and pull the wheel off. Then place it back so that its straight. DONE.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Joe, mine came from the factory with the steering wheel also not centered. I just removed the wheel and remounted it so it's straight. As rdlangston said, the faster you go, the more you have to turn the wheel to counteract the prop torque so calibrate the wheel going your normal wakeboarding speed.
    so line up the rudder straight on the lift or trailer. then pull the allen bolts an re align. thanks.

yes i understand the pull on the wheel when underway. but this is way off. must have been a friday build. in order to go straight under trolling speeds the right hand of the tee in the center of the handle points to 12:00.

DG not sure i can change out the wheel going 22 mph. lol
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

you just have to be real fast
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

My steering position changes to be "straight" as speed changes also. However, this is the first inboard boat that I have owned that did this.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

so line up the rudder straight on the lift or trailer. then pull the allen bolts an re align. thanks.

yes i understand the pull on the wheel when underway. but this is way off. must have been a friday build. in order to go straight under trolling speeds the right hand of the tee in the center of the handle points to 12:00.

Joe, I wouldn't bother aligning it with the rudder. Just check it at speed to see how much you have to move it. You might not be able to adjust it in small enough increments if you adjust with the Allen bolts. I removed the wheel and hub together off the splined shaft as one and adjusted it that way.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Why not? If anything goes wrong, get off the throttle.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.